Zombie max as carry ammo?

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by BLCKWLF, Feb 12, 2012.

1. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Opinions? Do or don't?

2. There are less expensive options for reliable carry ammo, but z max is a offshoot of hornaday's critical defense line. carry it confidently.

3. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Green is my favorite color! I was just wondering if (I know it's a stupid question cause a bullet is a bullet) there is any possibility of lawsuits for using "novelty" ammo. I know if I were a lawyer, on that side of the abyss, that I would definitely use that argument.

4. BORIS

BORIS New Member

They can argue all they want. They don't write the laws, they prosecute those who break laws.

If you are sitting in the seat on a trial it won't be because of your ammo, it will because you broke a law, unless the ammo you used is expressly written in the law as being illegal. Read your states laws and it will tell you things like incendiary, exploding (as in it has a charge that explodes) and so on will be illegal to use in a legal use of lethal force situation (in most states).

If they don't like your ammo choice for a legal shoot a lawyer with half the wits of an idiot will eat them up in court. A jury will easily see you were within the law if you first know it, then follow it.....

5. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

I agree with this! Carry it all you want, but there are perhaps cheaper options that work just as well.

6. Gilmo76

Gilmo76 New Member

I carry Z-Max in my G23....great ammo, cycles great, and makes a large hole....plus I like green..lol. I know it's already been said, but it's Hornadys Critical Defense line with green instead of orange/red tips...same round. Carry all you want I say!!

7. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

It's just great marketing scheme really. I used Speer Gold Dot before, but the box was so awesome on Z-Max that I got some just to test it out. Like it has already been stated great ammo.

8. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I don't see it being an issue. I do wish that Hornady hadn't written that it's ONLY for use on Zombies though.

9. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

That's my point.

10. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Even if some wiley prosecutor or civil lawyer brought that up, all you have to do is lay down a box of Critical Defense, show that it's the exact same thing with a green tip and that would rapidly deflate their sails.

11. No kidding and the fact on the product description it says specifically..."not for use on humans". Hopefully if the need arises Hornady would back someone up in court if some crack lawyer tried to make a case of it but I just don't see it happening.

12. Gilmo76

Gilmo76 New Member

I am going to agree with you on this...

13. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Well-Known Member

I carry Z-Max 165gr 40sw in my G23 and Winchester SXZ 180gr in a spare mag

14. ballagh

ballagh New Member

I bought it too :) i am a zombie freak, and the box was freaking cool :) It is what is loaded in my clip in the vault next to my bed.

15. It sounds funny and is a great marketing ploy, but why use a lower powered round not designed to penetrate to FBI standards? I'm not a Hornady fan, but given a choice I'd go with the proper Critical Duty.

16. BORIS

BORIS New Member

Even more specific is Hornady does not write the laws. The box can say whatever it wants. It has no legal bearing.

17. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

Don't let your whammy get you in a jammy.

One box to keep around the house or range as a conversation starter, cool. But if Hornaday gets sued one time and settles out of court, whoa be to you if you get served by a civil lawyer. Then you can pout and stomp your foot all you want and threaten to do an "Occupy" this or that, but the bottom line? You'll be driving hoopties for the rest of your life.

All for what? Because you like green instead of red? Really?

It ain't about going to jail. It's about keeping some bottom feeding low-life from taking your quality of life away. For damn near the rest of your life.

You say they, "can't get blood out of a rock?" They can put a lien against future earnings, the sale of your house, hell, they can even put a lien against your estate. Bub, you lose in civil court, you might end up wanting to put one of those green meanies through your head when you realize what you did was dumber than Forrest Gump.

Hey, but if you're some big daddy's rich kid, knock your socks off. Ain't going to be no skin off my hide, yo.

You know why so many civil cases settle? Because in criminal court it takes all 12 to convict. In most states, civil court is 5 out of 9. You can usually settle for less, but a finding for the complainant means you get smacked down with the 'Full Monty'. In civil court, "You buys yo' tickets, you takes yo' chances". Feel lucky?

18. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

As a future lawyer, I'll take my chances. Plus I just got police backing from my local Leo's. They say bullets are bullets, the cardboard it came in didn't kill nobody.

19. Kmurray96

Like I said...feel lucky?

20. Kmurray96

That's OK. You'll find out in law school. Then you can come back and be an expert.