Zev Trigger

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by dryadsdad, Sep 4, 2019.

1. dryadsdad

dryadsdad New Member

Before I learned this board existed, I bought a rather expensive Zev trigger assembly for my Glock 29 and asked a gunsmith to install and check it. I have complete confidence in this 'smith.

After joining here, and while the pistol was a the shop, I lurked around a bit and stumbled across a member who impresses me that he knows his stuff. He said he doesn't favor the Zev triggers which has me concerned that the pistol may now be left in an unsafe condition for CCW. The assembly is installed but I haven't picked the firearm up yet but I will since I committed to this action.

My daily carry is a Smith Shield 40. I got the Glock primarily as a recreational and pig hunting pistol but plan on carrying it as an alternative to the Smith. If concealment wasn't an issue, I'd have gotten the G20.

My concern, again, is if in my spending some real money on the trigger assembly I've outsmarted myself and rendered my pistol unsuitable for concealed carry. Sorry I cannot remember the informed member's handle or I'd have contacted him directly.

Thanks for any comments.

Southlake likes this.
  2. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum

3. dryadsdad

dryadsdad New Member

Thanks. I hope to learn a great deal here.

Southlake likes this.
  4. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma.

5. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Bob’s corner is a great read.

rbbeers and TheKraken like this.
  6. rbbeers

rbbeers Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Thanks! :)

PM sent to dryadsdad. ;)

Best regards,

Bob

Southlake likes this.
  7. dryadsdad

dryadsdad New Member

I'll look for it or maybe the PM he sent will clue me in. Thanks for the heads up.

TheKraken and Southlake like this.
  8. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Welcome aboard from North Texas!

9. Silver-Bolt

Silver-Bolt Well-Known Member

Really depends on which Zev you had installed. They have full on competition triggers which I wouldn't recommend for CCW and the also have Duty triggers which in my opinion are good to go for CCW. I have several of each in my various Glocks. I did have a failure in one of the competition triggers in my G34. It developed a "bump" in the trigger travel right before the gun fired. It still functioned but the trigger pull was strange. That happened after about 40k-50k rounds. Zev immediately sent me a new assembly and I returned the old one. No other issues and well over a 100k combined rounds.