Glock Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Gen4 G19.. Looking to modify or replace just about all the main components.

Has anyone here used the ZEV TECH trigger kits? If so, how did you like it? They have many options for the gen4 g19.

This gun will be for carry and range.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
I have the Zev ultimate trigger kit. It's great but a little finicky. Once in a while I get an unintentional double tap ( really need to adjust it better). I would not recommend it for carry. I love shooting it a the range.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Zev ultimate trigger kit. It's great but a little finicky. Once in a while I get an unintentional double tap ( really need to adjust it better). I would not recommend it for carry. I love shooting it a the range.
Thanks so much for the input! Good to know about the double tap.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I just bought a Gen4 G19.. Looking to modify or replace just about all the main components

Please let us know when you start having issues. :)

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
I just bought a Gen4 G19.. Looking to modify or replace just about all the main components.

Has anyone here used the ZEV TECH trigger kits? If so, how did you like it? They have many options for the gen4 g19.

This gun will be for carry and range.
Why not just change the connector and shoot it first before you gut it. If you are going to use it as a carry gun you don't want to sacrifice reliability.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why not just change the connector and shoot it first before you gut it. If you are going to use it as a carry gun you don't want to sacrifice reliability.

I'm glad I asked.. I've never replaced any parts on a glock. I was under the impression you could increase the performance.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
I'm glad I asked.. I've never replaced any parts on a glock. I was under the impression you could increase the performance.
You can increase performance but many times you can cause new problems while enhancing other parts. A carry gun should be kept as close to stock as possible. And don't get me wrong I have probably replaced more parts on a Glock than most have. Building a competition gun is frustrating and can be a pain until you get everything right. But a weapon that you are betting your life on can't afford to have any hiccups. A 3.5lb connector will make a huge difference in a stock Glock. I was not saying not to modify just suggesting not to get crazy with a self defense gun. In a gun fight Realiability trumps tricked out everytime.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I have a G17 that has a Zev Tech V4 race connector, Zev Tech spring kit and a lightweight striker and over 6,000 rounds without issue. However it's a range gun only and I carry a stock Gen4 G19.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I tried the Ghost 3.5 connector, was actually over 4.2 pounds. It did not improve the "feel" of the trigger at all, still rough. I'll probably put a few hundred rounds through it this weekend at the farm and try to abuse it a bit.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I would simply start by doing the ".25 Trigger Job", it should smooth out the trigger. If not satisfied with that, I would install the 3.5lb connector. Also, Glocks are extremely easy to work on, just look it up on youtube.

Best regards,
Ed

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the Zev Ultimate with the 3# striker spring, and have on the average a 4.25# trigger pull. About 4,000 rounds, with various "range ammo", and the only issue I've had was with Fiocchi. 100 rounds and 2 hard primers. Really pleased with Zev, and my Glock 19 gen 4. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the Zev Fulcrum Trigger drop in kit, and I also have an Agency Arms Flat Trigger. What I will say is the Zev is much lighter in terms of pull, and yes it can get away from you if not careful. You can obviously adjust and tune it for over travel & pre travel. It is definitely a competition trigger, but I wouldn't fully trust it for EDC. I love the Agency as it's pretty stock but polished up and has a firm and positive reset, almost to where it feels like it springs forward after the break to the reset point. The real magic is their flat face trigger. It feels so much lighter than it is, about 4.6#, because of the leverage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought and installed the ZevTech Fulcrum Trigger Kit for my G19. I can't say enough about how awesome it is. Also purchased the tungsten guide rod and trijicon night sights. Deadly accurate!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts