Your top tier handguns

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by cmiddleton, Feb 10, 2012.

1. cmiddleton

cmiddleton New Member

We are all obviously Glock fans, but what other handguns make your elite list? By manufacturer, not model.

For me the top tier guns are Sig, Glock, SA XD, FN, H&K.

Am I missing something with my opinions. I am an open book. What else should I be liking?

2. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

The ones I'd call top tier
    Les Baer
    Wilson Combat
    Nighthawk
    Ed Brown

Hi-Middle tier
    HK
    Sig
    Kimber

Middle tier
    Glock
    SA
    FN
    S&W

3. I'd have to agree pretty much. Looks pretty spot on. Only thing I add is when the OP said Top tier I was thinking more about production guns. Your top tier here are all customs. But the OP didn't really say customs couldnt be included. :p HK, sig and Kimber are deff in the top end of the production semi-autos.

I own a first or 2nd year USP40 and a gen3 G23 and I must say I like my Glock alot more. The HK has better fit and such but its a matter of personal fit. If I close my eyes and pull up and point at a fixed point then open my eyes, the sights are not even close (front way low). In compairison my 23 (or any glock) when I do the same the sights are damn near perfectly lined up and on target. It's just a better grip angle for "my" hand. Before I owned a glock I'd shoot ass good or better with a borrowed 22 or 17 as I would with my HK that I had to keep frequent practice with to stay good. And on the other side of that coin my friend says the oposite thing about my HK and his G17. The HK is spot on for him and the Glock requires an adjustment.

4. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Top tier, that I own, and that's so often overlooked: Walther

Top tier, in general, have been mentioned already.

5. deputy125

deputy125 New Member

TX
    top tier as in opinion based on personal experience or including that of my peers?

just personal experience as in extensive usage:

Browning
    Colt
    Sig
    Ruger
    Smith and Wesson

while there are no doubt many more top tier weapons out there, i doubt i will ever get to know them from experience........