Glock Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to hear some personal opinions about these gun control issues. As a man of common sense it's easy to see how terrible an idea it is to simply create more and more gun laws. I've read a lot in the last few days on the anti-gun opinions out there on the Internet and I swear some of these people are either 12 years old or communist... With that being said, what are some opinions on PROPER ways to fix some of these problems with guns in our society, such as this aurora idiot?

IMO, As a CCW holder I would be more than willing to make sacrifices to carry responsibly, for example, get rid of some of these federal and state restrictions, let me carry at church and at an athletic event. In turn, I will subject to random proficiency assessments held by the state patrol and certified instructors. Spot checks, or even tests on state/federal law and weapons handling an safety... Maybe even required logged training. Hell, I'll even submitt to urinalysis! What do you guys/gals think?

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KeenansGarage said:
Many states already require it (TN and KY for sure, MS if you want an 'enhanced' permit). I have no issue with this because as you said, we already have a test for a Driver's license. I have no issues with permitting, but soon the cost is going to be huge. Right now, most states rely on the private sector for training. When you get a driver's license, the state-paid employee does your test. The only cost to you is the license fee of about 20 bucks. The firearms test/trainings require classroom time and range time...totalling roughly 100-200 bucks, BEFORE you pay your CCW fee which varies by state (here in MS it is $132.00). If you want to permit, ok...so be it, BUT keep it affordable to the general public.

Ultimately though..this will not 'fix' the issue, but simply be a band-aid. Another shooting will happen by a crazy permittee, and we will all loose.

But remember...give them (gun control supporters of tighter restrictions) and inch, and they will take a mile!
I like he point you make about the drivers license, these would be good ideas, the things are politicians should be fighting for. Lower the cost, promote responsible gun handling. Eventually it would be nice to see our government accept the fact that there are nut jobs out there, and they can only control so much.

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tn I'm on track with you there, the big battle would be getting the state/federal government to put in time and effort and money to change these programs. It seems clear to me that they make if difficult for anyone to carry, when in reality they should be making it difficult for unfavorable citizens to carry. I would be ok giving up some freedoms to gain carrying freedoms, and I think if permit holders follow the same standard as LEOs around the board, we would have a safer, happy armed society!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.