Your opinions please...

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by iGlockU, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iGlockU

iGlockU New Member

What are your thoughts about on people who carry legally but practice (or whatever word you want to use) marjiuana?

2. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

If you got a weapon on ya, you should be clean. If you'll gonna party, party and have fun, but no weapon, and this includes drinking.

3. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Well my opinion on smoking marjiuana is that its a personal choice, but yes what jfirecops said...

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

My thoughts...they are playing with fire.

Drugs / Alcohol and Firearms don't mix !!

BTW...Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

5. lauritzencl

lauritzencl New Member

Drugs and guns sounds like a recipe for disaster!

6. iGlockU

iGlockU New Member

Thank you.

@jfirecops-the firearm is locked away and its only done in the privacy of the home.

@iGlock-sweet name lol

7. iGlockU

iGlockU New Member

It amuses me wheb people call marijuana a drug. A drug is meth or crack, somthing that isnt natrual from earth, but anywys back to the subject, My firnd uses it for their cancer....

8. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Well-Known Member

I think its fine for Marijuana users to own and carry
    But if your going to carry in public don't be under the influence of anything, the law won't like it. It'll look bad if you had to use your weapon

9. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Ive always wondered if you can have a ccw and med card at the same time.

10. jln370

jln370 Member

TX
    The BATF has already decided that it is no diggity. You can't even own a firearm let alone carry with a medical marijuana card. Form 4473 says you can't own a firearm if you are a user of illegal drugs.
    http://www.denverpost.com/news/marijuana/ci_19026921

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  11. Nobody should be carrying a weapon under the influence of anything.

As for ownership, just because you have a medical mj card should not prevent you from protecting your home.

12. leadsled

leadsled New Member

ATX
    EDC is a lifestyle. Being a pothead is a lifestyle. Carrying once in a while to impress your drug buddies puts all carrying citizens in danger of losing their rights.

13. jln370

jln370 Member

TX
    Your signature should be "Glocked and Loaded"

14. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

15. Makes perfect sense to me.

16. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

There are multiple lawsuits going on regarding the medical marijuana and gun ownership question. So far, one case has been decided in favor of the user but it was a state court, not a federal one. It will be interesting to see where it goes from here.

17. State can favor the user all they want, the feds are never going to budge unless medical marijuana became national not state by state. And even then i dont see it happening.

I know lots of pot heads, the majority dont need to be carrying. I will never support anyone under any influence carrying a firearm.

18. TouchMyGlock

TouchMyGlock New Member

If I can ride my crotch rocket with 1 wheel in the air for a mile down the road while under the influence of marijuana I think I can have a gun in my pocket as well. That's me though, I h. A high tolerance and everyone is different. It is probably not a good idea for some, but others would laugh and ask "are you serious"

19. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

The only thing I could ask is if you have a death wish? :)

20. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

My choice...If I carry, that means no influence. No alcohol, no legal or illegal narcotics, nothing. The last thing I want to do is try to defend in court my right to carry while explaining that one or two alcoholic beverages would not impair my decision or reactionary skills. Having said that, leadsled said it right. It is a lifestyle to carry and that means you may have to give up other things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.