Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Should you find yourself ‘bugging out’ or stuck away from home and trying to get there, what comfort item would you find most important other than the basics (oxygen, food, water, shelter, security tools, etc.)?

Respectfully,

Aaron

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I have a crossword puzzle booklet stuck in with my supplies

It's something all can do as a group as a way to pass time, take one's mind off of worries, and can also double as a way to store passwords, confidential messages etc

And, in a real pinch, as toilet paper and a fire starter

·
Registered
517 Posts

It's something all can do as a group as a way to pass time, take one's mind off of worries, and can also double as a way to store passwords, confidential messages etc

Now that's a good one man. thumbs up

·
Premium Member
13,168 Posts
I would probably say a picture of me and my daughter and dad. That alone would keep me fighting harder then anything in a bad situation to think I need to be with them or see them again
Have a pic of my wife & 2 boys in all my vehicles, emergency bags, etc. for motivation if needed.

·
Banned
39 Posts
Gallons of in diluted corn whisky, for comfort and utility purposes

Reactions: Old Bloke

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts

That’s an excellent idea.

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,765 Posts
a crystal radio set. no need of batteries and you'd be surprised how far from civilization ,you can still pick up stations.Sometimes just being connected to the outside world can be a life saver

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
a crystal radio set. no need of batteries and you'd be surprised how far from civilization ,you can still pick up stations.Sometimes just being connected to the outside world can be a life saver
I built many crystal radio sets when I was a kid! I loved 'em. I used them to listen to Paul Harvey. Haven't had one since then, though... I should probably build another one.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Maybe a HAM radio?
The concept of a comfort item (singular) is a little unrealistic but I agree with the Ham radio. We don't have the option of bugging out so being able to stay in touch with emergency comm organizations and others is very comforting............along with a good stash of ammo, weapons and toilet paper:D

1 - 20 of 49 Posts