Glock Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to Gander Mountain last Thursday to buy some .22 rounds to go do some shooting in PA over the weekend. I decided to take a quick look at the handguns they had out and this ended up catching my eye. I have always wanted a G23 and here one was staring right at me... It's a used Gen 3 G23 came with 2 stock mags and 1 29 round mag all for $400 before tax. This is my first Glock I have purchased and it won't be the last. I am definitely happy with my purchase!

Attachments

·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also sorry for the crappy pictures. I'm not a very good photographer hahaha

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I have a Gen 4 G23 and paid almost $600.00, You got a perfectly good deal! Nicely done Cow!!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Yeah $400.00 is good. Was it a Police Trade in or just a Private trade in? Doesn't look like a lot of wear on it! What Sights? Stock or??

Edit: WELCOME to the Forum!

·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dutchs said:
I have a Gen 4 G23 and paid almost $600.00, You got a perfectly good deal! Nicely done Cow!!
Yeah I didn't plan on buying anything except some .22 rounds and I just couldn't pass on this! Haha

·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sgtcowboyusmc said:
Yeah $400.00 is good. Was it a Police Trade in or just a Private trade in? Doesn't look like a lot of wear on it! What Sights? Stock or??

Edit: WELCOME to the Forum!
It was a private trade. Yeah the guy who worked there said it was an old man who just never used so really there is barely any wear on it. It has the stock Glock sights. And thanks I'm glad to officially be a part of the forum!

·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also have a question if anyone would be able to help... After I purchased this, I got home and while I was looking over the gun again I noticed on the one mag that it actually says "RESTRICTED LE/GOVT ONLY" is this something I could get in trouble for? I was pretty sure if they were able to sell this to me, then I must be able to own it. I want to get your opinion since most of you have way more knowledge about this. Should I take this back up there and see if they would be able to replace this with one that doesn't say that or should I just not worry about it?

Attachments

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
That (I believe) is what is called a "pre-ban" magazine. It's from back when they had restrictions on Magazine capacity. It's not something to worry about. Use it!

·
I have the body of a god........Budda
6,346 Posts
I also have a question if anyone would be able to help... After I purchased this, I got home and while I was looking over the gun again I noticed on the one mag that it actually says "RESTRICTED LE/GOVT ONLY" is this something I could get in trouble for? I was pretty sure if they were able to sell this to me, then I must be able to own it. I want to get your opinion since most of you have way more knowledge about this. Should I take this back up there and see if they would be able to replace this with one that doesn't say that or should I just not worry about it?
You just may want to check if the non-le/gov't is drop free.

·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That (I believe) is what is called a "pre-ban" magazine. It's from back when they had restrictions on Magazine capacity. It's not something to worry about. Use it!
ok thank you!! I figured it was probably nothing to worry about, but I figured it's better to be safe and check!

·
Lead Farmer
2,882 Posts
Wouldnt worry about the mag since you can hae high cap mags. I payed 400 for my gen3 g23 with only 2 oem mags, so id say you got a good deal.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
You got a reasonable deal, only seen a few that were better so it's pretty good. That LE/GOV only mag I would keep. For some people, in low cap states would pay a pretty penny for them. Heck I want a set to go with my El Paso Sheriffs glock.

Good deal, most used Glocks here are $400 and come with one mag...

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,425 Posts
The LE/Govt. Mags were from the federal assault weapons ban days. I heard there is a collector market for these. They're not preban or postban. They're during the ban. Almost no one thought the ban was going to sunset. I believe they should be drop free.

There may be a remote chance some states might have restrictions on LE marked mags. Then there are the states like NJ that have capacity bans which would make them illegal regardless of markings.

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Hey, cow, you should be ok. I think New York is the only one that does not allow LE/GOVT only mags in private posession. There are other states with 10-round max capacities.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts