You are the CEO/King/Emperor of Glock Inc.- What changes do you make?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Krakken, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Krakken

Krakken Junior Member

Hypothetical. We all love the Glock platform and, by extension, more or less, the company that makes them. But all of us have some things we would change, right?

You have just been given full power at Glock to make any changes you want. Not for a day, this is your new job. What do you change?

Here is my list, starting from day one.

1) I want the plans for a .22LR caliber Glock on my desk tomorrow morning! We are leaving money on the table! Gentelmen, we are launching the .22LR Glock and it is gonna rock!

2) Next up, the Glock AR-15. Let's design the best AR-15 we can, but even if there is nothing new we can offer right now in terms of tech advances, let's at least offer a basic, high-quality build with the Glock name. We are leaving even more money on the table here!

3) Sort out this BS with the .380 caliber and importation/not enough import points nonsense. What do we need to do to offer it in the US market?

4) Let's combine the .40SW and .357 product lines and sell them as multi-caliber with a barrel change, like the Sig Pros. They're identical anyway except for the barrel. Each one will be marked .40SW/.357SIG.

5) You're telling me we can make full sized .45 and 10mm Autos and we can make sub compact models but not in between? Where are the regular compact models? for .45 and 10mm?

6) Slimlines for all!

I'm not an expert on the company and these are just off the top of my head. I'm sure some of you others will have even better ideas. Ya'll add your own to the list.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  2. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Well-Known Member

I'd make a Glock in 5.7x28 :D

And make a model for the new 22 tcm that'll interchange with the 9mm pistols with a switch of a barrel and spring

3. Glocku

Glocku No warning shots here

I would bring back the OD Green frames. And would have plans on a Glock 1911.

4. ChrisG17-4

ChrisG17-4 New Member

A Glock reliable AR platform would be FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! An affordable ultra-reliable AR? Sign me up.

5. gladesbassin

gladesbassin Happy Member :) Supporter

I agree with the OD frames, but I would do many different color frames so people could have a choice. I know people are gonna say "but the black is what makes a glock a glock" and I love my black 19 but I'd cater to a wider variety of people..the fashionistas..lolol

6. Jennslife12

Jennslife12 A girl...a Glock...and her targets

I would love to be a Glock Fashionista!! If they made pink ones, I would buy them :D But, I still love my black ones also :)

7. SqrBob

SqrBob New Member

Only one addition to the above list. Frame Rails on the 26 and 27 please.

8. Drop the .40 from the line up completely. It would make life on the forums so much simpler. :p:D

9. gladesbassin

Lmao, do you have anything of importance to contribute? Or are you just gonna be miserable on this thread too? ;) :D

10. Well you know what they say about that. :D:eek::rolleyes:

11. Jennslife12

Jennslife12 A girl...a Glock...and her targets

Oh dear lol!! :eek:

12. Ha! Okay, try this one..........not put out so many gen4 19's that way the number of reported issues are way less since the 19 out sells all allowing a much more broadened field for fault reports. Thus making the the reported Gen4 issues way less. ;)

13. gladesbassin

I can dig it! And still drop the .40 line!

14. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Then they'll have to drop the .45ACP and the .357sig to negate any further debating on there being no better than a 9x19mm.;)

15. gladesbassin

Then they will have to come out with a double stack .25 acp to make up for the lack of calibers.

16. Single stack line for all calibers

17. BORIS

BORIS New Member

Start selling the 7.92 VBR, both versions.

18. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    In reality I think Glock would make some serious coin if they released special batches of colored frames. Gray, pink, Camo, blue, etc.

19. Clarkz71

Clarkz71 Senior Member

Unless you guys have the coin to buy the company, and you never will
    the .40 is here to stay. Try posting something constructive like offering
    all models made in the US without finger grooves. That's an import issue.

Also some other form of LCI so the extractor problem can be solved.

20. gladesbassin

No offense but that ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin getting it on!!!

But why would I say all models with no finger grooves..I like the grooves. I did put something towards this thread. Obviously this is a hypothetical thread, so unless YOU have enough coin the finger grooves idea is stuck in the sand just like our .40 idea. Thanks for your ideas though although I dont agree with them. ;)