Glock Forum banner

Yeager loses CCW

12K views 83 replies 41 participants last post by  030201_40 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if any of you saw his last video. But he stated "If they take another inch,I will start shooting people" Well I guess the state of TN did not take lightly to that. http://m.wsmv.com/w/localnews/story/82457527
I was also told by TheYankeeMarshal, that "According to a friend, what he did could get his school closed down if the feds decide to step in." Which will land him in more hot water. What are your thoughts?

#3 · (Edited)
Freedom of speech is gone as well.

I'm sorry but threatening to kill people or telling someone I'm going to kill you is not covered under freedom of speech.

#4 ·
jbardellini said:
Freedom of speech is gone as well.
I really disagree with what he said but I do have to agree with jbardellini though.

BUT can what he said be considered as a threat to cause harm to another and can they charge him for that? If not then I think he should be protected by the 1st.

Again I still think he went to far.

#6 ·
He sort of did direct it towards particular people. When he said "if it goes one more inch, I'm gonna start killin people". To me, that is a direct threat to those taking it one inch further. Now we all know he is just a loud mouth and probably wouldn't go that far but he did zero good with the original video. And since he is a recognized "gun enthusiast" on YouTube, he has a greater responsibility than just a joe blow who put up a video.

#7 ·
Freedom of speech is a protected right however there is another right that should be applied...
You also have the right to remain silent... Anything you say can be used against you...
Yell fire in a crowded theater and see how that Freedom of Speech argument goes for you. Our moderators warn us about what can and should be said here and throw disclaimers in threads to protect themselves from liabilities. We all knew no good was going to come of that rant he put up in You Tube.
I believed every word he said and he seemed capable of performing those actions he outlined. As far as I'm concerned, I question his fitness to own and carry a weapon. Past performance in no way ensures future intent. Ever hear the phrase, "going insane", I think he's well on his way to that destination. If it acts like a nut and talks like a nut, it may just be a nut.

#8 ·
this moron looks the part

I had a FIL, for whom I had very much respect, once told me to never trust a man who grows hair on his face - this bozo has hair growing down and out rather than up and out.....

#9 ·
this moron looks the part

I had a FIL, for whom I had very much respect, once told me to never trust a man who grows hair on his face - this bozo has hair growing down and out rather than up and out.....
I hope your joking. Lot's of good men have facial hair... most Military Spec Ops for instance.

#10 ·

taliban, for instance

guess that if I wanted to joke, I'd find a joke forum

#12 ·
Alrighty guys. Let's keep it civil.

Whether a person has facial hair or not is NOT an indicator of his character.

A lot of good men have facial hair and a lot of good men don't.

A lot of bad guys have facial hair and lot of bad guys don't.

Let's get back on topic please.

#13 ·
As for James Yeager. I understand his position and GUN CONTROL is a hot button right now. I also support our god given freedoms to own whatever firearm we choose. Its not up to the government to tell us what we can own or not own. We also have the right to free speech. Sometimes the lines get blurred and people say things they later regret. Who has not done that before? My opinions are not of the Glock Forum and are just that, my .02 cents worth. You draw your own line in the sand! We are acting like Americans when we stand firm on what this country was founded on and our beliefs. America is divided and its very clear that unless we unite we have some very dark days coming.

#16 ·
My clean-shaven grandaddy used to say never trust a man with his cap turned sideways...and that was back before people turned their caps sideways. Sort of prophetic, I guess. I think he even said it that one time he tried that gray beard for a spell.

#19 ·
KeyBoard_Warrior said:
In case you didn't know.....
Hahahaha! Good call! As for the Yeager incident, yeah we have freedom of speech, but he crossed a line. He may not be mentally insane, but he let his anger get the best of him. IMO, that's a terrible quality to have if you want to carry a firearm. I understand his background, and do not doubt his qualifications, licensing expired or not. I just kind of feel if you reach the point you are unable to control yourself in times of anger, maybe you should evaluate carrying a firearm.

#20 ·
He should have not added people. If he said he was going to start shooting, that would have good. As soon as he said shooting people, then it became a more serious statement. What an idiot. I have seen his type my whole life. He may be trained and have skills, but his loud mouth and antics show that he is an attention whore. The guy who says little, and attracts the least amount of attention to himself, is the one you don't really want to mess with. I think that this applies to any skill set, or training in life.

#21 ·
He should have not added people. If he said he was going to start shooting, that would have good. As soon as he said shooting people, then it became a more serious statement. What an idiot. I have seen his type my whole life. He may be trained and have skills, but his loud mouth and antics show that he is an attention whore. The guy who says little, and attracts the least amount of attention to himself, is the one you don't really want to mess with. I think that this applies to any skill set, or training in life.

Yup.........................

#22 ·
Lets start with the facial hair comment:

1. Abe Lincoln had a beard
2. I have a beard now because I was allowed to have one for 24 years (dumb military rules)

Now, as far as Yeager is concerned:
He gave up the right to free speech when he said he would start shooting people. I wouldn't be surprised if the Feds stepped in and confiscated his weapons. They will use the recent tragedies in their favor and claim mental instability. After all, that is what gun rights groups are making the push for. Making sure people who shouldn't have access to guns, don't have access to guns and he just lumped himself in that group with his unfavorable rant.

By posting his video he has given the anti's a real reason for more control.

This is my opinion and my opinion only!

#23 · (Edited)
I think it's well established that Jesus wore a beard.

Everything needs to be taken in context however. If some unkept dude is holed up in a shed making pipe bombs = bad guy.
Son of God = good guy

#24 ·
Augi said:
I think it's well established that Jesus wore a beard.
Yeah for real..... Lol

#25 ·
Lets start with the facial hair comment:

1. Abe Lincoln had a beard
2. I have a beard now because I was allowed to have one for 24 years (dumb military rules)

Now, as far as Yeager is concerned:
He gave up the right to free speech when he said he would start shooting people. I wouldn't be surprised if the Feds stepped in and confiscated his weapons. They will use the recent tragedies in their favor and claim mental instability. After all, that is what gun rights groups are making the push for. Making sure people who shouldn't have access to guns, don't have access to guns and he just lumped himself in that group with his unfavorable rant.

By posting his video he has given the anti's a real reason for more control.

This is my opinion and my opinion only!
We were talking about his rant at work, and that was my first thought too. I would be extremely suprised if no one goes after his firearms because he is unstable based on that video. Taking him in for an involuntary admission for fear of him being a threat to himself or others is a likely senario, which would be combined with taking his guns for safe keeping until the doctors decide he is fit to leave or not.

#26 ·
We were talking about his rant at work, and that was my first thought too. I would be extremely suprised if no one goes after his firearms because he is unstable based on that video. Taking him in for an involuntary admission for fear of him being a threat to himself or others is a likely senario, which would be combined with taking his guns for safe keeping until the doctors decide he is fit to leave or not.

Can't wait to hear his rant on youtube after they do that. lol :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.