Glock Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am deciding between two set of night sights and need more information on XS sights. I am really interested in hearing about adjustments at the range with the oversized front sight and long term quality of the night sights. Any information would be helpful.

·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking at the TFO, but I don't like the size of the sights for how small the pistol is (G26 G4). Def, leaning to XS as it is my primary carry gun and I like the quick acquisition of the XS sights, especially for high pressure situations. Really wanted to find out from users of the sight how much it took to adjust at the range and the quality of the night sight after 5+ years.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
tuamike said:
I was looking at the TFO, but I don't like the size of the sights for how small the pistol is (G26 G4). Def, leaning to XS as it is my primary carry gun and I like the quick acquisition of the XS sights, especially for high pressure situations. Really wanted to find out from users of the sight how much it took to adjust at the range and the quality of the night sight after 5+ years.
Perhaps this will help?
http://www.glockforum.com/forum/f23/xs-sights-8277/

If you have them installed properly, theoretically there is no adjustment to be made. The only adjusting that I know of is sliding the rear sight back and forth. But then, again I have no experience with these particular sights, so I can't say for sure.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I have installed XS sights on a couple of customer's Glocks and they love them. I however, prefer the TFO sights. I have trained forever with lining up the top of the front sight with the top of the rear and I fear change. I haven't had a chance to actually shoot with the XS sights and try to learn how quickly I can acquire a target with them.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I had the XS Stand Dot on my G27. I despised them. Not just hated, despised. With 3 dot sights on all of my other guns, I just couldn't seem to get used to them. I couldn't acquire them any faster than my 3 dot sights and my accuracy, other than keeping all the rounds in the black on various targets, was none existent. I couldn't pull off less than a 3" group, even at 7 yards. With the original Glock sights, I shot my 27 better than many of my others, but I had the standard sights for many years. I got rid of the XS sights and went back to being happy.

In my experience, people either love them or hate them. There's no middle ground.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have them on all of my weapons; LOVE THEM! My Sig Sauer P238 is small & the sights work great. They use the same irradiated material as Trijicon, so they should last. People do either love them or hate them. I suggest hanging around the range, maybe someone will let you try a few rounds down range with theirs.

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
I thought of trying the XS out on my new G26. At $120 (I do my own installs), I just couldn't justify the cost.

Being a Glock armorer, I'll go with the Glock nite sights. I'm a better than average shot with the mepro sites on my other Glocks, so I'm quite comfortable using 3-dot sites.

That being said, I hate OEM Glock dot and notch sites.

·
Glock, Victorinox, Maxpedition. Repeat.
111 Posts
I put XS big dot sights on my Ruger LC9, and my accuracy went way down compared to factory sights (I understand this is normal because they are for fast acquisition and not accuracy, but it's less fun shooting with limited targeting capabilities). I put XS regular size dot on my LCR, and accuracy was improved. I have TruGlo green fiber optic/tritium sights on my G19, and I can thread needles all day with that bad boy. I'd personally recommend the TruGlos from extensive experience with both systems.

·
Banned
654 Posts
I thought of trying the XS out on my new G26. At $120 (I do my own installs), I just couldn't justify the cost.
I agree and I can't remember using the sights in a rushed situation at night, I guarantee you will point your weapon and shoot if you are in a situation at night.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I guarantee you will point your weapon and shoot if you are in a situation at night.
I watched a video on Saturday of Chris Kosta doing a training class, where he showed that just from proper grip, stance and trigger control, he was able to shoot several rounds and keep them in a fairly small group...blindfolded. If you're training right, you'll shoot right. If it's so dark that you can't see your sights, can you see your target or what's behind it? I have night sights on my carry guns, because I've always had night sights on my carry guns, but after doing some reading and considering the opinions of some expert trainers, I'm starting to think that it's better to spend the money on a good light than it is to put it into night sights.

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
I watched a video on Saturday of Chris Kosta doing a training class, where he showed that just from proper grip, stance and trigger control, he was able to shoot several rounds and keep them in a fairly small group...blindfolded. If you're training right, you'll shoot right. If it's so dark that you can't see your sights, can you see your target or what's behind it? I have night sights on my carry guns, because I've always had night sights on my carry guns, but after doing some reading and considering the opinions of some expert trainers, I'm starting to think that it's better to spend the money on a good light than it is to put it into night sights.
Yeah, for $120 I can buy an extremely bright lite with the strobe that'll blind anything. But I won't have one of those attachable lights. Natural hand-eye coordination will almost always have Johnny Badboy shoot at the light. (We all have the tendency to shoot where our eyes are looking). And what's right behind that light?...Your coconut.

Our dept teaches the tea cup, the wrist cross and the Georgia Trooper method when using lights. Being an older and wiser man and a relic from back in the day when we all learned how to shoot one-handed, I only use the Ga. trooper. And always carry away and up.

A strobe is a great light. I had a fight break out in a dormitory one night. I yelled at them and hit the strobe for about 5 seconds. It was amazing. They all turned into statues for about 1/2 a minute. Fight over. Two to the hole instead of maybe 5-6 to the infirmary.;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the XS on my G27. I think they are great. I'm at the age where bifocals are a necessity, and I was struggling to get the right angle through my glasses. With the Express style sight, it is a non-issue. The sights light up well, they are even effective under dusk conditions. I had zero problems adjusting to them, after 35+ years of standard sights. I want them on all of my carry weapons.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the xs big dots on my G33 and love them. I have installed them on several guns for other people as well and have had no bad remarks. One guy liked them so much I installed them on his G33, G23, and G27.

·
Female Member
1,259 Posts
I really like their rifle scout mounts, I have one on my Winchester 94

1 - 17 of 17 Posts