XS sights vs Trijicon which do u rock on your glock?

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by adartse, Nov 9, 2013.

1. adartse

adartse New Member

I like XS they took the idea of the sight from a hunting rifle that's designed to line up quickest for hunting deadly game that could be hunting you

2. Jweeks

Jweeks Well-Known Member Supporter

I've been considering the XS big dot. Could you post a review?

3. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

The only reason I don't like the XS sights is because the back sight does not have a notch, but a curve to it. It isn't very good for any kind of accuracy. If you want something that lines up just as quick but can also be accurate, check out the Ameriglo I Dot Pro sights. They use Trijicon inserts for the tritium portion of the sight.

4. adartse

adartse New Member

Iv tried those have them on my G17 but I really like the xs iv tested them at the range there about as accurate as the shooter and most gun altercations happen within 3feet of each other that few seconds could make the difference I'm not saying there the best for far distance but for self defense I trust them most

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  5. adartse

adartse New Member

I could but honestly go to YouTube and type in James Yeager xs sights he explains them the best

6. 11Bravo

11Bravo New Member

AL
    I don't use ether one, but if I had to pick I would go with the Trijicon. I refuse to accept speed over accuracy with the Big Dots. It don't matter how fast you pull the trigger if you can't hit what your shooting at. I guess if you don't need to hit anything over 3 yards away then the Big Dots would be OK. Hopefully you won't have to engage anything at 7 yards, cause you would be in trouble with Big Dots. Then again I never did drink the James Yeager Koolaid.

7. adartse

adartse New Member

I'm pretty accurate with big dots at 15 yards nice tight groups

8. adartse

adartse New Member

Its one of those things you can't really knock down till you try it

9. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I have the XS Big Dots on one of my Glock 19's. They are very accurate, and have fast target acquisition from 10 to 30'. They are made for true self defense. No Glock sniping with the big dots.

10. 11Bravo

11Bravo New Member

AL
    Oh I have tried them. I don't post opinions that I don't have first hand knowledge about.

11. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I missed the versus in the tittle of the thread. I like my XS Big Dots, but I would vote for Trijicon HD sights. They are a better all around sight IMHO.

12. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Moved to proper sub forum.

13. mattieb

mattieb Member

I have the xs big dots and can hit 2 litters and 7 out of 10 clay pigeons at 50 yards with my Glock 19 I think they are great sights just takes practice just like anything else

14. GlockBoy5

GlockBoy5 New Member

Have XS on my G17 and love them

15. I use Ameriglo I-Dot Pro's, they use Trijicon inserts.

16. GlocksN

GlocksN Well-Known Member Supporter

Trijicon HD I like them because theres no white on the backs

Attached Files:

17. dillon550b

dillon550b New Member

I like the trijicon HD sights yellow.I have then on my 17 19 21 and 26.

Lucian_253 likes this.
  18. PeglegJones

PeglegJones New Member

I would like to know who is using sights when the threat is coming from within 7 yards? You should be in point-and-shoot mode...defensive shooting! Probably shooting from the low or high ready position.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Glock Forum mobile app

Dave Bowman likes this.
  19. jefro36

jefro36 Active Member

Trijicon all grn for me! :cool:

Attached Files: