Glock Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is a picture after I changed Mag base on a Gen 5mag The Gen 5 base sticks out too far in the front for the X grip to look like that and won’t bottom out. Maybe this is old news and that X grip is at least four years old. Maybe the X grip Is Made a little different now I don’t know. Been using that ex grip on Gen 3 and 4 mags

·
Premium Member
13,663 Posts
View attachment 254890
This is a picture after I changed Mag base on a Gen 5mag The Gen 5 base sticks out too far in the front for the X grip to look like that and won’t bottom out. Maybe this is old news and that X grip is at least four years old. Maybe the X grip Is Made a little different now I don’t know. Been using that ex grip on Gen 3 and 4 mags
I would guess it’s the gen.5 magazine that’s different.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,092 Posts
Gen5 magazine bottoms have extended lip in front. Exchange with a previous generation and you’ll be perfect.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That’s what I did I changed it this is just a heads up for people that want to use the X grip on the Gen 5 26. It’s hard to get parts right now I happen to have one so I lucked out. I guess you could file it down with the file. I do have a question though the first Gen 5 19s had that open loop at the bottom front the new ones now don’t have that open loop. So my question is do the new ones have a different magazine base. I would doubt it but I thought I would ask. I’ve been using Gen 3 and 4 mags

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,092 Posts
That’s what I did I changed it this is just a heads up for people that want to use the X grip on the Gen 5 26. It’s hard to get parts right now I happen to have one so I lucked out. I guess you could file it down with the file. I do have a question though the first Gen 5 19s had that open loop at the bottom front the new ones now don’t have that open loop. So my question is do the new ones have a different magazine base. I would doubt it but I thought I would ask. I’ve been using Gen 3 and 4 mags
All the gen5 mags I’ve seen have the extended lip but I’m guessing the ones for the 19X do not as the frame is actually extended in the front.

·
Premium Member
13,663 Posts
I don’t believe you do. My 22.3 has the front cutout. Gen.3 & 4 magazines work fine with it. You can buy g5 Pearce baseplates that fill the front hole.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts