Glock Firearms banner

Do you want the ability to use a signature block

• Yes, let me have the ability to use a signature

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No, it will slow the board down (no it won't)

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I don't give a crap

Votes: 5 35.7%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you were allowed to.

1. Yes, let me have the ability to use a signature
2. No, it will slow the board down (no it won't)
3. I don't give a crap

The admins state that allowing members to post a signature image that will show up under each post eats bandwidth and slows the board down. I say it doesn't eat bandwidth because the images aren't hosted on glockforum.com. They are normally hosted on photobucket or some other image hosting site. I've used message boards for a very long time and i've always used that signature to recognize who's posting or who i'm responding to. It just flows better. I say put a reasonable limit on the dimensions of the image as to not take up the whole page. I would be happy to be a Mod who polices this function for each member.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I think it cool.

Another thing why cant we post gifs and things like that.

·
Banned
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't mind signatures, but I do think the pics kinda clutter the page... bad enough when people have a sig that takes 1/4 page, then add a pic or two?? Clutter.
if they put a restriction on the size i see no problem with it.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
I would probably use it if it was available, but it's not giving me any heartburn that it's not an option for anyone other than admin, mods, and vendors.

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
I don't care. I probably wouldn't use it if it were available.

I will just keep my written sig below ↓.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't mind signatures, but I do think the pics kinda clutter the page... bad enough when people have a sig that takes 1/4 page, then add a pic or two?? Clutter.
Get adblock on firefox and block the signature blocks from showing. Problem solved.

As for the OP, absolutely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts