Would You Carry On A Interview

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by PUNISHER, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Yes, I would

47 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. No, I wouldnt

21 vote(s)
    30.9%
  1. GlockfanAZ

GlockfanAZ New Member

You aren't worried about an altercation happening? Im sure the countless victims who are robbed, mugged, raped and murdered thought the same thing.

Also, you only think criminals attack at night, or when people are traveling?

I have carried in all my interviews, and carry everywhere I go, with the exceptions of gov buildings that have metal detectors. If its concealed correctly, no one will see or even know.

You not being "disrespectful" is worth more than your protection, and executing your 2nd amendment right? Not only do I carry in interviews, I carry all day at work. I have worked all different kinds of jobs as well, piercer, bunch of retail, management, independent sales rep, Pool man etc. If done right, no one will know.

You remember the Luby's killing in Tx i believe? A doctor was there with her parents. She had a cc permit but the restaurant had a no guns policy. If she was caught, she would loose her license. She decided to leave her gun in the truck.

Well, we all know what happens next. The gun man drives his car into the building, and starts killing people. The Drs. Father was shot, and the mother ran over to his side and refused to leave. She was killed too. The Doc managed to escape, but a lot of people died. If she wouldn't have respected the rules, maybe her parents wouldn't have been killed, and so many other innocents.

I wouldn't work for a place that didn't care enough about my safety and God given right to protect my self. That is completely foolish to rely on your employer with their no weapons policy keep you safe.

I will never understand anyone's justification to not wanting to carry all the time, but different stokes for different folks.

2. GlockfanAZ

GlockfanAZ New Member

So, being more concerned with your safety than working for a fascist corporation that doesn't allow you to exercise your RIGHT, is not having common sense?

You said its not worth loosing a good job over, but what about loosing your good LIFE over it?

3. GlockfanAZ

GlockfanAZ New Member

Sounds like you are on the fence. You say you don't need it in an interview unless your worried about the person giving you the interview is going to rape you, but you carry to the mail box. You think the post man, or the letters in the mail box are going to rape you??

4. GlockfanAZ

GlockfanAZ New Member

Well, Its the employer who is being disrespectful to our safety, and our Constitution which gives us this right.

5. GlockfanAZ

GlockfanAZ New Member

I understand, but who would bring home that bacon if you were killed?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  6. GlockfanAZ

GlockfanAZ New Member

I understand, I respect myself, and my families safety. ;)

7. 16again

16again Premium Member

Had an interview earlier today. YES I was carrying. :D
    I carry concealed, key word concealed. No problem for anyone but a potential bad guy.

8. GlockfanAZ

GlockfanAZ New Member

So true brother! Good luck with it!:D

9. 16again

16again Premium Member

Thanks man, :D

10. retiredmp

retiredmp New Member

This is my first post to the forum. Though I have read many of the threads on a wide range of related topics. I will be the first to agree that one should exercise the rights I would also say that I see many posts most importantly in this thread by those who want to exercise their right to carry and defend themselves but are the first to go against an employers or property owners right to decide what happens in their space. While you have certain rights a citizen should respect the rights of others. I am sure some who have posted and carry against company policy rely on that job to support themselves and their families. Can as some of you have posted really just give up the job if you could not carry at work? Life is a careful balance of give and take. As I said your rights are your rights but we should never take away the rights of others when claiming to defend our own rights.

11. bear7

bear7 New Member

Very well said retiredmp. This is also my very first posting to this thread.

12. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Very big welcome to you bear7!! Maybe you can give us a little Intro. about you and your Glocks in the Intro. section?? If you want too....:D Welcome to the forum!

13. GlockfanAZ

GlockfanAZ New Member

I understand and thank you for your comment the subject. I welcome you to the forum. Im sure you will like it here:D
    I am all about respecting everyones rights, UNTIL their right can get me killed or injured. My main concern is protecting my self, and/or my family.

I don't think people can just give up the job, thats why people are saying they carry anyway concealed. Life is a balance, for me its a balance of the best concealable IWB holster, and the appropriate shirt to cover it;)

14. M1AJEEPER

M1AJEEPER New Member

Would i carry on an interview?

ID leave it in the car for sure.

15. GlockfanAZ

GlockfanAZ New Member

10 characters

Attached Files:

16. SDM32707

SDM32707 New Member

My experience includes larger institutions as well as govt agencies and in a couple of cases smaller boutique type companies Banks, federal agencies all have no carry policies that not only prohibit carrying but most likely are grounds for termination as well. The smaller companies may be indifferent to CCW but those waters would have to be tested. I think that the location and state would make a difference as well

17. GlockfanAZ

GlockfanAZ New Member

I agree, but can you say with out a doubt, that you trust your safety to your employer? If you can, than good for you. Me, I can't, and won't, trust some corporation, where the employees are numbers, to keep me safe. I have to be alive, to be fired. I know everyone has different opinions on this matter, you need to do what lets you sleep well at night.

18. SDM32707

SDM32707 New Member

While you may legally carry on an interview it pays to know with whom you will be interviewing, the companies specific policies on carrying etc. If you decide to test the waters and find them to be hostile to CCW, whether it be a small or larger company, two alternatives exist. First, you would not get the job and be told an alternative reason why you did not get it. Second, you get the job but after interfacing with the company you find that their policies prohibit any firearms at all and you are terminated once they find out that you have violated company policy.
    Corporate human resources people are knowledgeable about their own policies and would even research this matter with their legal staff if necessary. A company would consider your safety second only to their own policies.

19. GlockfanAZ

GlockfanAZ New Member

Yep, and that is whats wrong with this picture.

20. tommygunns

tommygunns New Member

of course I would I'm doing it now