Would You Carry On A Interview

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by PUNISHER, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Yes, I would

47 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. No, I wouldnt

21 vote(s)
    30.9%
  1. Kilroy13

Kilroy13 LSU Alumnus

LSU
    Sounds like the liberal "Uncle Joe" "I own a shotgun. Therefore I support the second amendment" argument.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  2. dargin

dargin New Member

Haha. I had a feeling my opinion and right to not allow firearms on my property would get under some feathers. Looks like I'm liberal Uncle Joe now! Start a business and see how far you grow, then you can deal with employees who may not like having an open firearm policy. After that you can deal with awesome lawyers who love cases like these. Does this mean I am against the Second Amendment? Instead of someone like me infringing on your rights think of it from another stance stance and answer some of the questions I've asked in this thread. I'd be glad to hear the logic behind why I am wrong. After all it forums are a cool place to discuss things like this without getting nasty or personal.

If what I asked or stated makes no sense and it makes me "Liberal Uncle Joe" in anyone's eyes so be it.

3. obxglock

obxglock New Member

Yes I would carry on a interview. Actually I did and got hired boss had no idea I was carrying. About a week after I started I noticed he was carrying, his shirt got pulled up while reaching for something in the bed of the truck.

4. BoShimTang

BoShimTang New Member

No one said anything about "an open firearm policy." We're talking about lawful concealed carry. It generally involves undergoing a background check as well as training. I would imagine it is rather difficult to get in California.

If your company is following state law, it would be difficult for you to lose in court. Just because people "can" sue for any reason, doesn't mean they will win.

5. dargin

dargin New Member

6. BoShimTang

BoShimTang New Member

Well that's nice...

You must realize that although your opinions may be considered mainstream in your circles, they certainly won't be part of the majority view on forums such as this.

Best of luck in your business.

7. dargin

dargin New Member

Cute. I'm not trying to take away anyone's concealed carry. If anyone wants to CCW on a job interview fine by me and good luck. I was just giving my experience as a business owner. Best of luck to you and your business affairs.

Happy Easter. Time for me to bow out of this thread and on to talk about my sweet G23 and future G20!

8. BoShimTang

BoShimTang New Member

Dargin - The typical liberal response to losing an argument is to become condescending and then run away. Of course that usually follows a lecture on how we share the same beliefs but there is another perspective. Oh and the "can't we have a discussion without it getting personal," which really means "if you don't let me win I won't play anymore."

Where I live, open carry is perfectly legal in most places; however, almost no one actually does. I believe very strongly that if more law abiding citizens were legally carrying either OC or CC, crime would drop dramatically and yes it WOULD be safe.

I CC everywhere I go so long as it is legal to do so - that includes work.

I frequent many businesses where most of the employees OC... Those businesses have never had any problems.

It is of course your right to prohibit firearms on your property and I respect that right. However, I do NOT agree with your decision nor do I believe that the reasoning behind your decision is valid. I do not frequent private businesses that do not permit lawfully carried weapons!

Maybe someday you'll actually be interested in discussing the topic and not just telling people your side.

Good day Sir/Ma'am.

9. WB973G30sf

WB973G30sf New Member

Did u just compare the odds of getting hit by a asteroid to getting car jacked please tell me that was a joke right? And if ur not worried about your bizz getting robbed must not be anything there worth taking (no offence) I went in a used.game store to buy blurays big sign on door think twice were armed I guess it depends on where u live but where I'm at crime is skyrocketing I carry everywhere

10. Kerberos

Kerberos New Member

My newest philosophy is that unless the employer has properly trained (military or law enforcement quality training, not rent-a-copy "I went to a 2 hour training class"), armed guards to provide protection to its employees, then I would never consider working for them if I could not carry. I will be happy to undergo whatever psych evaluation they want, but if they have an outright prohibition on carrying, this would be a deal breaker for them.

I respect an employers right to set policies that are lawful and non-discriminatory. Banning me from carrying on the job without them providing the above stated level of protection is discriminatory to me, IMHO. This is especially true when executives strut around sporting armed muscle to protect their six.

11. soutthpaw

soutthpaw I choose happiness over society ;-)

I am reading a very good book at the moment about how lawyers (and politicians) r what's really destroying America. Not libs or conservatives. The us against them has u all fooled into blaming one another while the real distruction goes on unnoticed. As for carrying at work or a employer allowing it, its a catch 22. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.. u will get sued either way and it will cost you big time regardless if u win or not...
    So I understand both points of view. Ill post up a thread on the book when I am done reading it. But every single member would do well to read it

12. dadwithglock

dadwithglock New Member

I work with lawyers daily and I completely agree! I would love to read this book! (Luckily our criminal attorney in the office likes Glocks as much as me so we can at least agree on that.. Now out favorite bourbon is a different story!!)

13. kb0wzh

kb0wzh New Member

No, the reason? Well I respect the employers I would be interviewing with, if it was a place that was pro gun hell yea if I was hired I would wear it every day. I'm just that way.

14. notoriousm3

notoriousm3 New Member

Only if the interview was in a gun store.

15. Ironically most gun stores don't like people carrying in their store lol

16. mike_honcho87

mike_honcho87 New Member

Luckily my LGS has a sign that says all firearms must be unloaded and cased (CHL holders excluded).

17. MyGlock19

MyGlock19 Junior Member

I don't think I would carry during an interview. I leave it in the car for the time being. If I decided to carry anyway, I would carry a pocket pistol... Maybe.

18. dw2169

dw2169 New Member

Yes as long as I was not going into a building where it is prohibited such as applying for a Federal Job.

19. Kerberos

Kerberos New Member

Absolutely I would carry. There is simply no way to know what you are walking into. Any employer who prohibits their staff from being armed is not a place I would consider working at, unless they provided law enforcement quality, armed security in sufficient quantity to protect all their workers on an equal basis. None of this "well, the boss has a 4 man armed security detail at his side all them time, but not only do we announce to the whole world that you are unarmed, you are on your own when in the event of aggression."

20. notoriousm3

notoriousm3 New Member

Wow then you would never work in lots of places outside of the military or law enforcement!