Words of Wisdom

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by runman, Jun 11, 2012.

1. runman

runman New Member

As I look around through all the posts I notice that there are many quotes, sayings, etc. that pretty cool. How about everybody throwing out some of your favorites here. They can be patriotic, motivational, comical, or just your own sayings. If you know the author, include that too. Thanks.

2. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

On of my favorites. I use it everyday.
    "Practice doesn't make perfect, Perfect practice makes perfect"

3. MarinewithaGlock

MarinewithaGlock Premium Member

"If you're still conscious, you quit" Drill Instructor Sgt O'Brian 1ST RCTBN CHARLIE CO USMC

"if you want peace, prepare for war" unknown

"No man ever said from his deathbed 'I wish I would have worked more'" unknown

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"

"Bratya Po Oruzhiyo" translated from Russian "brothers in Arms" motto between between me and my best friend who died last year

"Be kind to everyone you meet, but have a plan to kill them" SSgt Faulk USMC. I think he got that from someone else though

"War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Hall

"Praise be to the LORD my rock who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle" Psalms 144:1

"I now know why men who have been to war yearn to reunite. Not to tell stories or look at old pictures. Not to laugh or weep. Comrades gather because they long to be with the men who once acted at their best; men who suffered and sacrificed, who were stripped of their humanity. I did not pick these men. They were delivered by fate and the military. But I know them in a way I know no other men. I have never given anyone such trust. They were willing to guard something more precious than my life. They would have carried my reputation, the memory of me. It was part of the bargain we all made, the reason we were so willing to die for one another. As long as I have my memory, I will think of them all, every day. I am sure that when I leave this world, my last thought will be of my family and my comrades.... Such good men." unknown

4. bigben

bigben Member

"Do not disturb the disturbed. They might disturb you back."
    I want to say me, but I may have heard it somewhere.

5. mckm/Glock36

mckm/Glock36 New Member

Cheers to you, and cheers to me, best friends we will be, but if by chance we disagree, then f--- you and cheers to me

Cheers!

6. MarinewithaGlock

Is that Tucker Max?

7. mckm/Glock36

mckm/Glock36 New Member

Not sure! Could be!? I picked that up from drinking buddies years ago

8. MarinewithaGlock

I've heard it before but can't remember where. It sounds like something he would say.

9. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Couldn't get my phone to copy and paste from FB... So here they are as pictures...

Attached Files:

10. Glocku

Glocku No warning shots here

I have always liked" you screw me once it's your fault you screw me twice then that's my fault there is no room for a third chance" I also am partial to due to the ever rising price of ammo ther will not be a warming shot so thieves are not welcome here.

11. odgreen

odgreen Senior Member

You are obsessed and your phone needs a charge.
    Thanks for posting these. :)

12. odgreen

odgreen Senior Member

My quotes are posted below. I mean what else but Coco Chanel from a woman who names her Glock "Sweetie Darling."

13. bfish

bfish Member

I have so many that I love but the one I found use of today was "If you don't want to fall off the cliff then don't look over the edge"

14. sigpi11

sigpi11 New Member

"It is easier to apologize, than to get permission."

15. Glock897

Glock897 Member

"you can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose"

16. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

A Marine site attributes this quote to a --Michael Norman-- http://www.33usmc.com/ 3rd Battalion 3rd Marines

I do think it a very touching quote for us that have been there, thank you for the introduction to it!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  17. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not." ~Kurt Cobain

"We are disturbed not by events, but by the views which we take of them" ~Epictetus

"When you don't take your opponent seriously - you make him a serious opponent" ~unknown

"Five-second fuses only last three seconds." ~Infantry Journal Military

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." ~Infantry Journal

"One of the best ways to keep peace is to be prepared for war." ~George Washington

"The purpose of war is not to die for your country. The purpose of war is to ensure that the other guy dies for his country." ~General Patton

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us." ~George Orwell Military

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." ~General MacArthur

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

18. Glock897

Glock897 Member

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy."

19. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

"As an OK State Trooper once told me, "Why shouldn't a "good citizen" be allowed to carry a gun, all the "bad" guys already do.""

20. runman

runman New Member

Excellent posts- funny, thought provoking - keep them coming.

A positive attitude won't solve all of hour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort - author unknown