WISCONSIN - Green Bay: Retired miliitary new to the forum.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lodestone1968, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Lodestone1968

Lodestone1968 New Member

The Glock 17 is my first personally owned handgun. (purchased a week ago at Fleet Farm) I qualified with the .45 and 9mm during my military days. (20 yrs in submarines) I chose the Glock 17 based on common caliber, value, firepower and availability of accessories. The gun is for range shooting and home defense. I intend to pick up a 19 for a carry gun at a later time Got some range time today. A rather chilly afternoon. First shots were at 25 yards. I hit the paper, but was no Hickok45. Looking forward to more shooting as spring arrives.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum Lodestone1968 !!

...and thank you for your service submariner !!

3. Lodestone1968

Lodestone1968 New Member

Thanks SHOOTER13. I see your name on quite a few threads. I look forward to gaining a few tips and tricks from you.

4. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome Lodestone! The hubs was in the submarine force as well (me by association as the wife). :) Hope you enjoy yourself here. A really good bunch of folks.

5. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Welcome, we need more bubbleheads around here. Were you Fast Attack or Boomer

6. Lodestone1968

Lodestone1968 New Member

Ain't no slack in fast attack!!!
    Actually, I was on both. But most of my career was on fast boats.
    USS Tecumseh SSBN 628 Gold Crew
    USS Flying Fish SSN 673
    USS Louisville SSN 724
    And I spent a lot of underway time on the USS Olympia, USS Columbia, USS Honolulu, USS Key West and USS Chicago. (all fast boats)

Attached Files:

7. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Thank you for your service and welcome to the Glock Forum!

8. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

I rode the Boomers, I was a MT so I was stuck on Boomers, 3 knots to no where.
    USS Benjamin Franklin SSBN 640
    USS James Madison SSBM 627
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  9. Lodestone1968

Lodestone1968 New Member

Ok so you were out of Charleston, S.C. most likely. Unless your older. We off crewed in the same building.

10. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Yes, I was out of Charleston, spent 9 years there. I also rode the TAK's out of the Weapons Station. Do not miss that place at all.

11. Lodestone1968

Lodestone1968 New Member

Do you remember the Dixie Diner just outside the base? On payday the hookers would hang around outside with trench coats. If you drove by they would open the front to reveal the bikini underneath.

The Weapons Station was all work and very little play. Too many hours in the humid hot weather playing NW Security Guard.

Was Wade Welch on your crew? He was a Ben Franklin sailor. I think Tim Sylvester was there to at one point.

12. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

hey, Lodestone1968, WELCOME to the Forum, and my deepest thanks for having worn the uniform!

13. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

How could you not remember that dive. The names sound familiar.