windows phone?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ghost23, May 24, 2012.

1. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Anyone using a windows phone? I just got rid of my Android, and didn't even look to see if this app was on the market. Unfortunately, it isn't.

Question one: to TxShooter, any plans on making the application available on the windows market?

Question two: anyone else using windows phones? How do you like it? Gimme some tips!

2. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

I have a windows phone. great for work, e-mail and Microsoft documents. if browsing and apps are your thing, this is not the phone.

3. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

I love the simplicity of the phone. Really the only thing that irks me is that the glock forum isn't on the app market. I love everything else so far.

4. Windows phones really do blow, just like computers. Seriously though try as they may, windows phones will never be a main choice and 90% of the apps will not be developed for them because the market just isn't there.

5. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Must be an Apple guy. :D

6. oh god no. ugh i feel like i need to shower now. I'm a Linux guy. Ya know, what Steve Jobs ripped off to make Mac. ;)

7. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

I was just tired of google knowing when where and how I used the restroom.

8. dude MS collects statistics and so does every cell carrier on the planet. if you have a cell phone you can't avoid it. Things like this are public knowledge, the public just never asks questions. so when someone finally does it's like mass hysteria.

9. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I like and trust Google more than I'll ever like Microsoft. (Notice I didn't mention trust...) I've heard the new Windows phone OS is better than the old ones, but I still wouldn't get rid of an Android for one, not unless it and the service were free for a long time.

10. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

I really like how smooth the Windows OS runs, too. I just hope someone develops a windows application.

11. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

Prob never gonna happen man . They are beyond their hay day . We have iEverything here and love it all . iPad x2 iPhone x2 itouch x2 iMac , and a new iPod nano .

12. With Android smooth depends on the phone. The Android OS is very smooth, but companies crank out crap hardware in the phones to get them on the market. HTC makes some good stuff, so does Samsung. You are never going to see a GF app for windows i would bet my money on it.

13. I've tried every OS and I prefer the Android. It's far more customizable then anything else out there. And the smoothness is not the OS in most cases, it's the companies spitting phones out without updating hardware. I have a dual core HD screen HTC Rezound and love it. I have ICS on it and (at the moment) Google's Ice Cream Sandwich can't be touched on it's smoothness.

14. that's because it's Linux based ;)

15. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I'm not even going to get started here in this thread.

Computers: Once you go Mac you never go back!

Phones: Avoid the Noid. Stick with Android.

FWIW, Windows mobile OS will not exist in 5 years much like Blackberries. Blackberry will no longer exist after 2014.

16. You're spot on with everything but computers. I just don't like they're OS. If it's a hardware thing to you v don't buy main stream, build your own like I do. BUT, if windows wants to hold on to their windows 8 platform you'll see a lot of users either staying on an older OS or jumping ship because it is trash. They took a mobile OS and tried to make it work on a desktop. So bad.

17. Windows isn't going anywhere. Too much software is windows only and paid to be that way, and too many companies and people will never change that. Mac will probably never be as mainstream but they are getting closer. Linux will always be the evil red headed step child, but I like it that way. I miss ten years ago when people had never even heard of it and we did everything in terminal.

18. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Well, I'm taking it back and getting the htc one. Windows doesn't have flash or glock forum, two things im not going to do without.

19. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I used to build all my PC's. After having to backup and reload Windows XP 3 times in 2 years, I gave up and switched over to Mac. The only thing I use now that's Microsoft is my Xbox 360 and these computers here at work.