Will you help me out?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by G19C, Dec 23, 2011.

1. G19C

G19C New Member

Thank you to all who voted for me! I appreciate it all your help! Thank you Admin for letting me post, thanks Havasu for your support, and thank again to all members who were a part of this!

I have removed the original post as the deadline is here, but will keep you posted as to the status (as of last I was at 494!!) The closest next to me was 165!

Couldn't have made it with such overwhelming support from everyone! Thanks again, and will repost as soon as I am let know!

Sicerely

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  2. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

I just voted and saw you so far have 66% of the votes. I wish you the best, and encourage others to also spend a few moments in order to help you out!

3. G19C

G19C New Member

Thanks Havasu! I know you worked in the field as well! I will never be a Vicitm, as I knew the risk and served the citizens proudly! But it would be nice to atleast smile while limping...lol

God Bless You!

4. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

Done, looks like you have a strong lead, Good Luck

5. Would you like me to request some of my friends on Facebook to vote on this? I'd understand if you'd rather not but it's a good way to get the word out.

6. G19C

G19C New Member

Thanks Jfirecops!

Thanks armed! For now I think its good with having it here with the forum members. Of course I don't know what the other candidates are going to do.. One tried revoting 300+ times, and got her votes taken away.
    I appreciate the offer, and will keep you in mind. It closes on the 31st.

To everyone, I truly appreciate you taking the time/reading/voting, it means a ton to me and my family! I know many of you guys are still in or are retired from law enforcement. Please stay safe out there!!

May God Bless all of you!

7. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

Just curious, but was you on any Oxycontin or something similar for you back? I had back surgery earlier this year and am now having a lot of dental work and I was told that was part of the reason.

8. Steelharp

Steelharp New Member

I just voted, and you're way out in front. Thank you for your service. I wish you the very best.

9. G19C

G19C New Member

I've been on all kinds of meds from the last 14 surgeries. I was on Oxycontin after I just had my back fused, (from the front abdomen area, and from the back side), and then after being able to go home in a walker, I sat down and all the hardware popped out and the whole fusion broke.. That hurt like hell!

I lost so much blood that I don't remember much, but I woke up in a recovery room and had to have it all refused including another level. They had me on that then. But, the dentist and doctors are pretty sure that when I got that staph infection in my spine during surgery #3 I think, and the heavy anti-biotics for 1 year, killed off a lot of the "good bacteria". It's caused a mess in my whole body. My Testosterone dropped off the charts, my vitamin D was pretty much non-exsistant.

But the pain from the surgeries has been so bad at times, that I have woke up clenching, and have broke a tooth in half.. I have no lower teeth anymore, other than the front, and the top middle is actually fake (it broke in half upon waking up just before that pic. There is some bonding on it now so I didn't cut myself)

The only thing I know about any pain med and dental issues, is that it causes dry mouth, so if you are taking something like that, be sure to get some sugarfree gum to make you salivate.

Sorry to hear about your back. Back issues suck, and mind is very hard to stabalize.. I have a bag of hardware that has been broke or removed in my drawer.. Make sure you have a good surgeon also!

10. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

I got a good surgeon, I am thankful for that. I am on the upside from where I have been. The pain is still there, but not as bad. I don't remember much from the hospital other than I was there 5 weeks, but the hardest thing I have went through is withdrawals from the Oxycontin. That sucked a big one. I went through the wake-up clinching that you are talking about, shakes, cold and hot at the same time, and all around feel bads just hurting with a lot of ghost pains.
    Good luck to ya, hope you win.

11. I voted for ya.
    Merry christmas

12. G19C

G19C New Member

Thank You! Merry Christmas to you as well!!

13. havasu

Bump to the top for a great cause! Come on folks, spend a few seconds and blow away the competition!

14. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

When do we find out you won?

15. havasu

That's a great question! I guess inquiring minds would like to know?

16. G19C

G19C New Member

When it ended, I had 520 votes! The closest other candidate had 167.. They are suppose to make the official annoucement within a week as they have been gone for the holidays.

I really appreciate everyones support! I'm sure they will have to verify the votes, but the support I received from both the LEO community as well as everyone else is crazy! Thank you to everyone here that voted! I had no idea this was going to be a "public vote" when I first submitted my entry a few months ago... I will post pics once everything is done, and will keep everyone updated.

Thanks again to everyone!

17. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

Congrats and good luck with everything

18. TxShooter

TxShooter Administrator Staff Member

Any updates?

Do we get a before and after?