Will Gen 4 magazines work in Gen 2 Glock?

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by bigdon68, Jul 21, 2012.

1. bigdon68

bigdon68 New Member

Howdy. I have a Gen 2 Glock model 22 and need to get some new mags. Will the Gen 4 mags work just fine in my Gen 2? I apologize if this has already been asked, but I did a search came up with a big goose-egg.

2. Yep, they'll work like a charm. You only need a Gen 4 mag if you plan on switching your mag release over to left handed use, otherwise any of the Glock mags will work fine.;)

3. bigdon68

bigdon68 New Member

Awesome! Thanks TNFrank. Looking to stock up and needed to make sure. If you know of any cheap sites to get them off of, please share.

4. I think a few of us here are going to try and stock up in light of the recent shooting in CO., hope it doesn't happen but you never know if they'll try and push a magazine ban back down our throats. I'd like a couple G21 full size mags for my G30 if nothing else. Hopefully they won't touch the 10 round and under mags so I'll still be able to get those.

5. bigdon68

bigdon68 New Member

LOL, I wasn't going to say anything but that is exactly the reason why I want to stock up. I just have a feeling the gun control proponents are going to push another ban. I have a G22 Gen 2 and a G27 Gen 4 and those will be the exact type of weapons they will target.