Wifes against Guns

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Glockmaster, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Alright I was wonder who else besides me is having issues with their wife/GF. Every time I want a new gun it's like the end of the world is coming!! Today we received our tax refund check $7,600. I kept $2,600 & gave her $5,000 she asked what I was going to do with my money I told her I wanted to buy a 1911 style .45 man o man **** it the fan!!! I mean REALLY I JUST GAVE HER $5,000 & she don't work so it's pretty much all mine.. Anyone else have this problem with their Wife or GF?

2. sigpi11

sigpi11 New Member

Did you say your ex? LMAO

3. Dude between the two of us we got almost 11k and I'm getting an earful about buying a G27 so you aint alone.

Notice I said about buying it, not about WANTING too. Because I'm going to do it.

4. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

I've never had a problem with my wife when it came to buying a firearm, but my wife is definately uncomfortable around firearms. She's been out shooting with me a few times, and she had fun, but she's just not a 'gun person'.

5. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Not my ex she is my first wife been married for 14 years. Together 17 years now.

6. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I hear ya. I'm going to buy what I want I always do :)

7. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

My wife won't even learn how to shoot my guns.. I work nights so I tried to teach her but she refuses! So I taught our 14 year old boy. And I got to say he is one hell of a shot.

8. he was just making a joke

9. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Mine doesn't mind guns and likes to shoot but hates when I buy more or buy ammo for them. I know she is crazy about the budget but the majority of the money I use for my firearms is bday money or christmas money so she has no right to complain. I also let her take one of my extra checks (I get paid every two weeks so some months I get 3) to do what she wanted so she went to disneyworld with her mom and sis ter leaving me at home with the kid. The deal was that the following 3rd check is mine.... well she is throwing a fit... Too bad I already ordered my glock 21 with customizations...:p

10. Here is my wonderful wife practicing handgun presentation from concealment.

[​IMG]

And here she is practicing shooting from around cover/concealment.

[​IMG]

My wife likes to shoot and is versed well enough in their use to defend herself. Her gun is a nice little Walther PPK/S.

[​IMG]

I have never had a problem buying a new gun when we can afford to, which isn't very often. Twice, I have sold/traded in order to get something I wanted more.

11. Redhawk41mag

Redhawk41mag New Member

Imma lucky dude...my g/f is a 20yr US Army vet and when I bring something new home, she grabs it and says "when can we go shoot this?". Never, not once has she every rolled her eyes or questioned why...she gets it.

Redhawk~~building her a G19 custom in OD Green with all the Ghost goodies!!

12. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

:) thats cool..

13. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Thats what I did last year with my Bonus I didn't say anything I went and bought a Gen 4 23 & 27 & a bunch of extras. When it was all said and done I spent around 3K

14. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

That's awesome!! I wish I could get my wife to shoot. I'm not giving up on her maybe some day she will come around. Her color is pink & I seen a pink Kahr CM9 9x19 thinking about just buying it for her?

15. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Awesome :)

16. lauritzencl

lauritzencl New Member

My experience has been that it is better to ask for forgiveness rather than permission! That way you already have the gun!!

17. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

That's the way I think 2!

18. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

"oh, I thought we agreed about this... well sorry, they won't take back a cutsomized gun... Did I mention how beautiful you look today?..."

19. jwjameswilson

jwjameswilson New Member

Does anybody have a Gen 3 23 in the san diego area? Ive been looking for a nice used one for a while now without any luck.

20. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Yeap that's pretty much how it goes! :)