Wife wants my G19 Gen 3

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by DEZRTFOX, Jun 21, 2012.

1. DEZRTFOX

DEZRTFOX New Member

Here's the deal, wife and I went out to the gun range today and threw some led down range. I looked at here and said "are you ready to move up to a real gun instead of your Sig Misquote? She said sure I will give it a try. Yes she was hooked. She said, the Sig is a nice gun but this G19 dominates over it. So now she said if I give her my G19 Gen 3 I can go get a new one. Now here is my question that I can really use yawls help with. Should I get another G19 Gen 4 to replace the Gen 3 or should I get a G17 Gen 4 since we do have a G19 in the family? But here is the kicker, she wants me to turn it Black & Pink like this one

image-776808024.jpg

To match her Sig

image-524468696.jpg

What would you all do if you were in my shoes? Also, I already own a G26 & G23 Gen 4. Thanks everyone in advance.......

2. Mary

Mary New Member

What you COULD do--is buy HER the new one in the Black & pink. Major bonus points!

3. DEZRTFOX

DEZRTFOX New Member

Very wise words Mary, very wise words. Thanks

4. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Certainly if you anticipate ever buying another one for yourself? DO IT!!!!

5. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

+1 on what Mary said. That would be major brownie points for you. BD bought me a new G19 for Christmas and it was my favorite present.

6. pkaltx

pkaltx New Member

BINGO!!!! This is what I would do.

7. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

I agree with Mary. Besides nothing says I Love You better than a new custom Gen 4 Glock, just ask her, I'll bet she agrees.

8. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

I'd listen to the lady here... ;)

And after you buy hers, buy the 17, since you have the 19 and 23.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  9. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Thats grounds for divorce :eek:

(j/k)

10. MikeMT

MikeMT New Member

Here's what I did with my wife. I gave her my G19 Gen3 and bought a new G19 Gen3. She painted a spot of pink fingernail polish on back of slide to distinguish hers from mine. I think I got a good deal. ;)

Didn't go with the Gen4 as there are ample Gen3's...and I prefer them anyway

11. Two-Guns

Two-Guns New Member

I would also just buy her a new gun so you can keep yours.

12. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

This is what happens when you let your lady play with your gun.

ForumRunner_20120621_234934.jpg

Now she wants one lol.

13. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

The 19 is an awesome gun. This is me and my wife's 19s. Mine is all black. Im not that that crazy about the 17 so I would have to say to get another 19. I think glocks shoot better with a couple thousand rounds through them so I would want to gjve up the newer one. Just make sure she likes the Gen 4 texture before getting her one. Maybe just do pink lettering or something???? I dont know. Im kinda glad my ol lady HATES pink...

ForumRunner_20120622_001446.jpg

ForumRunner_20120622_001518.jpg

14. DEZRTFOX

DEZRTFOX New Member

Thanks to everyone for the great advice. The reason my wife wants my Gen 3 is because she doesn't like the texture on the Gen 4. She has handled my G23 Gen 4. But I'm in no hurry to pick up my new gun. So I will just think it over and maybe go down to my local indoor range and shoot a rental G17 and my G19 to see which one I like and shoot better. If I didn't already have a G26 Gen 4 I would defiantly get the G19. The G19 is more versatile then the G17. You know, you have to give it to Glock to have so many choices out there. It just makes it so hard to choose which one you should get. This is way all of us Glock Attics have to buy so many of them. Thanks Glock.... LOL . Thanks again everyone for the input. Take care my friends

15. Mary

Mary New Member

I agree with your wife about the texture on the G4's--don't like it either. But you can get another Gen 3--they are still out there

16. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Nice! :)

17. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

That's a good problem to have. ;)
    Birthday, Christmas maybe?

18. jimmyalbrecht

Birthday! She wants a 9mm. We rented the Glock 19 and she loved it. Plus I get to use it :)

19. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

I love mine. It was my first Glock and still my favorite. You should get us to join us on here. We have a new ladies section and I would love to meet her.

20. jimmyalbrecht

I tried. She's not a shoot guns for fun kind of person. She just wants to be proficient enough to defend herself if I'm not there.