Wife vs CC

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by cls33398, May 25, 2013.

1. cls33398

cls33398 New Member

I need advice. EVERY time we travel, my wife freaks out about me carrying my firearm. She always asks why do I need to carry it. I thought it was self explanatory. Protection. Apparently not. What can I say/do to fix this? It really makes me angry!

2. pnwblue

pnwblue New Member

Tell her to get in the trunk???....

3. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Lmao...

No seriously? Hard one to answer. Me and my GF went head to head on this for years.. We got chased of the freeway one day and I managed to make it to a police station with 911 on the line.
    That's what it took to change her tune.

4. Ashlie78

Ashlie78 Just your average country girl

Here's one for ya!!

I AM the wife who carries everywhere and have to hear from my husband about why I need a gun when I run to the grocery store. I also have to hear about why I need to buy so many guns and can't seem to come home from the gun show without a new one. Ironic, to say the least.

5. cls33398

cls33398 New Member

She's my wife dude.

6. cls33398

cls33398 New Member

Wow! Talk about role reversal!!

7. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

I went through this with my wife... The way I fixed it was simple... I just kept carrying, eventually she stopped saying anything... Now she is used to me carrying always, gun in my nightstand drawer and shotgun under my bed....

8. cls33398

cls33398 New Member

We've been deaLing with this for years though...it's getting old. It nearly came to a head yday. I nearly said screw it, go see your parents by yourself. I'm just sick of it. Not to mention the fact that she tells every damn body I carry, buy ammo when I can, etc. I've tried to educate her numerous times. No dice.

9. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Keep the cc and get rid of the wife.. Problem solved..

10. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Do you know why she feels this way? Is she afraid of guns?

11. JPT

JPT Member

I agree with jbardellini

12. cls33398

cls33398 New Member

She has shot all of my weapons before. I did sense fear. But she was raised around guns. It's weird.

13. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

I was just messing around earlier . I to have had to deal with this I am a gun nut and carry at home and when traveling even though my wife and family have not come to terms with it. Why is she this way does she shoot has she in the past. She afraid of guns? If so have you tried to get her comfortable around guns or some training?

14. glocknloaded

He was just kidding ;)

15. Wolf359

Wolf359 New Member

Has she ever shot a gun before?
    I know all situations are different but just getting my wife behind the trigger drastically changed her negative perception of firearms in general. My wife's info is currently on its way to Nashville for her HCP.

Please note that although things have worked out it took several, several......several conversations to convince her to try it.

16. glocknloaded

Telling everyone is taking it a little to far! Is she a very liberal person?

17. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

At lot of women are very apprehensive about guns. Just because they were in the home doesn't mean she has much familiarity with them. Maybe suggest she take a women's only basic gun class with a woman instructor. I always ask who is afraid and why. Most of the time the women can't give me a concrete answer. The goal is to get them from fear of the gun to a healthy respect and teach safe handling.

Let me know if you would like help finding one and I can check with some of the women instructors I know.

18. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

That's a tough one. The only thing I could suggest is using some logic to explain why you carry. She seems to imply that she can predict when you will need a gun....which she clearly can't.

19. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

I would listen to GAgal. She will have the most relevant and useful answers with this issue.

On a second note, My wife wasn't interested, but slowly came around to it. She is is still uncomfortable because she hasn't had the 'experience' that comes with repetitive shooting.

Find her a women only class and encourage her to try it out.

20. Dark Knight

The NRA has a great women on target program.