Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to shooting and actually shot my very first gun 6 days ago. I loved it! I am totally hooked. I shot a 380, Taurus .40, Body Guard revolver, and a Glock 19.
Glock 19 was my favorite. But I eventually want to get a conceal carry permit (when I am more comfortable and with lots more practice).
So I am thinking about a Glock 26.
On my way to a Gun Show today. My husband always went by himself. He loves my new interest in guns. I am still a little nervous but he told me that a little fear is a good thing. It Makes you respect the weapon and with Respect comes awareness and safety.
Can't wait to go to the range tomorrow!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum RusticBliss! Wow our stories sound so similar. My 1st Glock was a G19 and she is still my favorite. My G26 is my EDC. I would like to invite you to join the women's sub forum. If you would like to join, please send a PM to TxShooter. Again welcome and I hope you enjoy yourself here.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome RusticBliss!! Enjoy the forum! We have some cool women that love shooting here as well!!

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum!
Stick around, you will like it here!

·
Premium Member
5,924 Posts
Welcome, and happy couples-shooting! Have fun.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Happysniper1 said:
Hello RusticBliss, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Do you and your husband share guns? Or are the guns "his" and "hers"?
Hi- to answer your question- there is no "Mine" and "Yours" in our life. Everything is ours.
I refer to the guns as "his" only because up to now I had no interest in them. So everything is "ours" lol. But my husband wasn't me to get a pistol customized to my liking. So although I can use any of the guns in our home and up till joe they were bought in his name- the next one will be purchase in mine. Plus I don't think he will need the Flash Bang Bra holster that i am interested in. Lol. :0)

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
+1 That's how it works around here too. LOL

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kgross71 said:
Both my wife and I carry the G26, love this gun.
I haven't fired one yet..... Going to the range today so maybe they will have one to rent. I have been told that if I like the Glock 19 (which I LOVE) then the Glock 26 is the way to go.
Do you have the gen 3 or 4?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GAgal said:
Welcome to the Forum RusticBliss! Wow our stories sound so similar. My 1st Glock was a G19 and she is still my favorite. My G26 is my EDC. I would like to invite you to join the women's sub forum. If you would like to join, please send a PM to TxShooter. Again welcome and I hope you enjoy yourself here.
Thanks. There is soooooooooo much I need to figure out. This seems like an honest open place to get answers. Thanks for the invite- I sent the message so just waiting on a response. :0)

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Thanks. There is soooooooooo much I need to figure out. This seems like an honest open place to get answers. Thanks for the invite- I sent the message so just waiting on a response. :0)
Great! We've all been there. We'll help you. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dutchs said:
Welcome RusticBliss!! Enjoy the forum! We have some cool women that love shooting here as well!!
Thanks. I am happily surprised about the number of female shooters.Not only here- but everywhere! Not sure if I am just noticing since it is a new interest for me- or the fact that women don't seem to put it out there as much as men. (no need to brag I guess, lol). But so glad to see it. I was always pro gun especially for women but I just had a deep fear. Glad I faced it and now I am so happy I enjoy shooting- its like a hobby with benefits. Lol.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ROYALE-W-CHEESE said:
Welcome and greetings from Northern California! Glad to have you around this fine forum.
Thanks. I'm originally from New York- or as I say "New Yawk". But now live in Florida. Glad to have found this forum. So far- so good. :0)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.