Wife/Mama new to shooting

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RusticBliss, Jun 24, 2012.

1. RusticBliss

RusticBliss New Member

I am new to shooting and actually shot my very first gun 6 days ago. I loved it! I am totally hooked. I shot a 380, Taurus .40, Body Guard revolver, and a Glock 19.
    Glock 19 was my favorite. But I eventually want to get a conceal carry permit (when I am more comfortable and with lots more practice).
    So I am thinking about a Glock 26.
    On my way to a Gun Show today. My husband always went by himself. He loves my new interest in guns. I am still a little nervous but he told me that a little fear is a good thing. It Makes you respect the weapon and with Respect comes awareness and safety.
    Can't wait to go to the range tomorrow!

2. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum RusticBliss! Wow our stories sound so similar. My 1st Glock was a G19 and she is still my favorite. My G26 is my EDC. I would like to invite you to join the women's sub forum. If you would like to join, please send a PM to TxShooter. Again welcome and I hope you enjoy yourself here.

3. mcz0804a

mcz0804a Don't Call Me Sir!!! I Work For A Living

Welcome. Everyone her is really nice. I know you'll enjoy it.

4. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome RusticBliss!! Enjoy the forum! We have some cool women that love shooting here as well!!

5. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello RusticBliss, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Do you and your husband share guns? Or are the guns "his" and "hers"?

6. ROYALE-W-CHEESE

ROYALE-W-CHEESE New Member

Welcome and greetings from Northern California! Glad to have you around this fine forum.

7. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Welcome to the Glock Forum!
    Stick around, you will like it here!

8. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

Welcome to the party :) Hope you enjoy GF as much as I do.

9. kgross71

kgross71 New Member

Both my wife and I carry the G26, love this gun.

10. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome, and happy couples-shooting! Have fun.

11. RusticBliss

RusticBliss New Member

Hi- to answer your question- there is no "Mine" and "Yours" in our life. Everything is ours.
    I refer to the guns as "his" only because up to now I had no interest in them. So everything is "ours" lol. But my husband wasn't me to get a pistol customized to my liking. So although I can use any of the guns in our home and up till joe they were bought in his name- the next one will be purchase in mine. Plus I don't think he will need the Flash Bang Bra holster that i am interested in. Lol. :0)

12. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

+1 That's how it works around here too. LOL

13. RusticBliss

RusticBliss New Member

I haven't fired one yet..... Going to the range today so maybe they will have one to rent. I have been told that if I like the Glock 19 (which I LOVE) then the Glock 26 is the way to go.
    Do you have the gen 3 or 4?

14. RusticBliss

RusticBliss New Member

Thanks. There is soooooooooo much I need to figure out. This seems like an honest open place to get answers. Thanks for the invite- I sent the message so just waiting on a response. :0)

15. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Great! We've all been there. We'll help you. :)

16. RusticBliss

RusticBliss New Member

Thanks. I am happily surprised about the number of female shooters.Not only here- but everywhere! Not sure if I am just noticing since it is a new interest for me- or the fact that women don't seem to put it out there as much as men. (no need to brag I guess, lol). But so glad to see it. I was always pro gun especially for women but I just had a deep fear. Glad I faced it and now I am so happy I enjoy shooting- its like a hobby with benefits. Lol.

17. RusticBliss

RusticBliss New Member

Thanks. I'm originally from New York- or as I say "New Yawk". But now live in Florida. Glad to have found this forum. So far- so good. :0)

18. RusticBliss

RusticBliss New Member

Thanks. :0)

19. RusticBliss

RusticBliss New Member

Thanks. Seems like a great place to get good advice. :0)

20. RusticBliss

RusticBliss New Member