Glock Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my wife a new Glock 26, Gen 4. She is having difficulty pulling back the slide to chamber a round. She is using the proper technique shown her by the salesman, a former military guy. She places the pistol against her stomach, holds the handle with her right hand, makes a "c" with her left hand and grabs the slide. She then pushing on the handle, while pulling on the slide.
I have a new Glock 19 Gen 4, but I have ran maybe 500 rounds thru it compared to her maybe 100 rounds. Hers is more difficult to chamber than my 19. Have cleaned and oiled hers the proper way, but still stiff. Do you think hers will get easier and is the new magazines also a factor? She says it is easier without the mag. Thanks.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
I over heard someone at the range tell someone to hold the slide and push the frame instead of pulling the slide. Hope that makes since.

Maybe worth a try

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
glocknloaded said:
I over heard someone at the range tell someone to hold the slide and push the frame instead of pulling the slide. Hope that makes since.

Maybe worth a try
Yes, that is what she is doing, but still difficult for her. Thanks

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
dbmcclus said:
Yes, that is what she is doing, but still difficult for her. Thanks
Hmmm not sure what else to do but to just continue to break it in.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
It'll get easier the more she works out with it. Some of them are pretty tight at first, and she's not used to using the muscles needed to rack the slide. She'll get stronger with some practice, and it'll loosen in time.

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
The G26 is a subcompact. This means that the RSA (Recoil Spring Assembly) is a heavier lb compression, so yes it will be harder to rack the slide and load a round into battery. Over time it will in fact "break in" and become easier.
As an example take an empty G19 mag and load just 1 round into it...pretty easy right?
Now repeat the process with a G26 mag....you can clearly feel the difference in spring pressure. The same applies to the RSA.
Solution? SHOOT THE HELL OUT OF IT!! :D;)

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
Practice with this she'll build the muscles up as well. Try racking a full magazine into a G30. Its a pain. The G26 will, like RRoss said, break in a bit, as well as the muscles. Hell of a gun, have her get used to it and she'll never wanna put it down :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
The spring will lighten as it is used. The more she works at it, the stronger she will get. It's a upper body strength thing.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Practice, practice, practice. She can always use her rear sights to rack the slide. Place the rear sights up against a sturdy object with an edge and quickly push the frame forward to rack the slide.

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
Practice, practice, practice. She can always use her rear sights to rack the slide. Place the rear sights up against a sturdy object with an edge and quickly push the frame forward to rack the slide.
Careful with doing this tho....you CAN snap the rear sight off the slide:eek::eek:

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
RRoss said:
Careful with doing this tho....you CAN snap the rear sight off the slide:eek::eek:
+1 I would only do this in a tactical situation

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Argyle_Armoring said:
Careful while doing this.... Keep your fingers away from the trigger. Accidents happen...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.