Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I came across a used KelTec PF9 for $150. I've seen lots people have problems with this gun and I've seen some who love theirs. So for 150 bucks I thought I would give one a try. The first range trip wasn't too bad...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a-yQRjLKek&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

It wasn't the few failure to extracts that made me really dislike it....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve7RtlS330Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

So that parts failure really quickly makes me loose faith in it. I like the size of the PF9, not a big fan of single stacks though. So considering the size comparison of the PF9 vs the G26, and the fact that the glock is double stack and trustworthy... I'm gonna have to snag one at the end of the month.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
i got one of each. the 26 is my edc gun. the pf9 sees alot of safe time.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mc24 said:
i got one of each. the 26 is my edc gun. the pf9 sees alot of safe time.
I'm sure mine will spend a lot of time just sitting around collecting dust. I kinda wanna keep it cause one more gun in the house is better then one less gun in the house. Haha

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,608 Posts
Good videos. Some of the negatives you point out are inherent in the design of most mouse guns. Long double action trigger pull has been around since the prewar Walthers as both a safety and liability issue. I wear mine with the clip. Pistol sits between the belt and pants and conceals better than my Glock 33 with IWB holster. $150 was a steal I paid $100 more for mine used. Unfortunately once you lose faith in a weapon that kinda kills any enthusiasm over carrying it again. I ran cheap hollow points through mine with no issues. I'd rather carry the Glock which is 100% but with this Texas heat an overshirt is too hot.

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
I wouldnt wait to get one at a gun show, I have yet to see a gun priced cheaper than LGS at gun shows. Maybe Its just Tanner, but usually I see Glocks for more than LGS and higher than MSRP before.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Webphisher said:
I wouldnt wait to get one at a gun show, I have yet to see a gun priced cheaper than LGS at gun shows. Maybe Its just Tanner, but usually I see Glocks for more than LGS and higher than MSRP before.
Well my pay day is the day before the next one. I'll prob at least go look and see to get an idea of everyones pricing ranges

·
Registered
87 Posts
I owned my PF-9 for three weeks before I traded it in for a G26. It turned out to be a $100 mistake. I should recieve it this week from Buds's.

·
Registered
505 Posts
The PF9 was my first handgun. Unfortunately I didn't know what I was really buying and overpaid at $200. I haven't touched it for a few years now but like you said its better to have more guns in the house.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I knew what I might be getting, but for 150 I was willing to try it. Even if I gotta replace a part here or there for a few bucks. I'm still ok with that. I just won't carry it.

·
Banned
462 Posts
Webphisher said:
As I found at gun shows, they list a "cash price" but if you want to use your debit card, there is a "service fee". By the time they add that on the gun is more expensive. I have come to the conclusion that the next time I go, I will either carry a large amount of cash, or I won't go. Most of the stuff at the show was no better then you can get in a store.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It was just too harsh to shoot for me and I was OK with never shooting it again.
My collection of firearms consists of a LCP for pocket carry, G21SF for home defense, a G36 for personal protection, my new G26 will also be for personal defense, a 12ga Mossberg pump for home defense and an AR15 for any SHTF scenariosthat may come along.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I own both. The PF9 is very easy to conceal & carry but is not a fun gun to shoot. Range time is limited, I want to practice a lot and be very comfortable with my carry piece. The Glock 26 fits my needs, easy to shoot and can be concealed easily.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cola490 said:
I own both. The PF9 is very easy to conceal & carry but is not a fun gun to shoot. Range time is limited, I want to practice a lot and be very comfortable with my carry piece. The Glock 26 fits my needs, easy to shoot and can be concealed easily.
Ya liked the PF9 mostly because of its size. I think it's a good looking little gun too. But it's just not nice to shoot haha. I think if it was a double stack and had a couple of it's parts redesigned itd be a much better firearm. Ive considered an LCR also but I'd rather have more rounds in hand. And the G26 is still at that perfect easy conceal size.

·
367 Posts
After about two years of lugging around a full size 9mm in her purse my wife decided IWB or OWB would be better with something smaller. We considered an M&P9C, KelTec P11 and the G26. We're not sorry we decided on the G26.

·
Registered
296 Posts
nicolasfroelich said:
Ya liked the PF9 mostly because of its size. I think it's a good looking little gun too. But it's just not nice to shoot haha. I think if it was a double stack and had a couple of it's parts redesigned itd be a much better firearm. Ive considered an LCR also but I'd rather have more rounds in hand. And the G26 is still at that perfect easy conceal size.
I bought a S&W 642 few months ago so I could have another option. Most of the time if I'm going someplace I will carry the 26, but for example yesterday when I had to take a quick trip to the store, it was really nice having the revolver and just drop it in the front pocket and go. I like the LCR, but the trigger sucks. It also sucks on the smith 642, but I had a trigger job done on mine, it's perfect now.

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
Well my pay day is the day before the next one. I'll prob at least go look and see to get an idea of everyones pricing ranges
Well then, that makes perfect sense lol.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I bought my G26 Gen 4 about a year ago. With the initial cost at $625 and $350 in upgrades and extra mags and 1400 flawless rounds down the pipe, I wouldn't trade mine for 20 Kel-tecs! The only other gun I like as well, is my Walther PPQ and my wife's Walther PPS. JMO!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Dude, sell it and get some night sights or something for the 26. Good video, but comparing kel-tec to Glock is not much of a comparison. Kel-tec is known for giving shooters problems. I'm just wondering why you spent $150 on something that you just wanna put in your safe???

·
Registered
232 Posts
I too have a PF9 and have had zero problems with it as long as I'm not shooting reloads. However, it is no fun to shoot and I hate the long trigger pull. One thing it does do is make me love to shoot my G19 though. The Glock is so smooth! So I too have thought about buying a G26 and wondered if I should trade the PF9. I could recoup some of the cost or just have an extra gun around. Depends on what I could get in trade I guess.

For those with both guns, carrying IWB, is the PF9 that much easier to carry/conceal than a G26 or about the same?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.