Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted this here on one other occasion but I just wanted to share my story. This is a video about how my Glock saved me from serious harm

[ame]http://youtu.be/Ly4IVSjpMyo[/ame]

Enjoy and Merry Christmas,

Juggler

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I have had several cops tell me that they can only respond once a crime has been committed and depending on location it can take up to 10 minutes to respond. A lot can happen in those 10 minutes as you demonstrated from your story.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Police response time can very, it depends on where the dispatched cop(s) are when the call goes out, how many other calls are on the list ahead of yours if its busy, and yea. Sometimes it could take a minute. If its something serious everyone will drop what they are doing and go.

I carry because I am a cop and know first hand that bad people are out there, things I see in the news, and a situation a friend of mine was in where he intervened in this incident.
Outside of a target store this guy tried to snatch a woman's purse and dragged her across the pavement blooding her up. When my friend intervened, the guy pointed a gun and threatened him before fleeing.
Within a month my friend had his conceal carry permit and a Glock 19. The guy did end up getting caught, prosecuted, and sentenced prison time eventually.
He was a newly wed preacher whos wife reported him missing 2 days after the wedding. For the week he was 'missing' he was on some drug run and out robbing lots of people, primarily older women. When he came home his wife called the police to report he returned. When the cops arrived he was driving the same car and wearing the same clothes he had on 3 days prior when he pointed the gun at my friend. They put two and two together and arrested him right then..

·
Registered
114 Posts
Another point of this video is if you call the police, how do you describe to them exactly where you are when you are along a side road and a ditch. Are you always going to know an exact location to tell them especially when you have some body trying to hurt you or kill you.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Friday after work I had to make a run to Kearny Az to drop my step son off at his uncles. I had just bought a Glock 27 and a 22. Since I live in California I havent managed to get a conceal carry permit yet but in Arizona you can wear you guns open carry. This was my first time to carry one of my guns with me. I had trouble deciding which one to carry but since I could open carry I figured I would take the bigger one. I had bought one of the plastic holsters from the Glock store and I have a leather holster but the glock holster doesnt dig into my side when Im driving. I checked before I left lol. Anyways since I dont tuck in my t shirts I was amazed how well this little holster hides my 22. Well I was probably 20 miles from Kearny so I stopped to get gas at this Circle K, when I got out I was approached by 3 drunk guys and they werent soeaking english so I didnt know what they were saying but I could tell they were mean drunks by the way they were coming at me. I didnt pull my gun and got back into my truck and left but let me tell you I was sure glad I had back up if I needed it because it was 11:30 at night in a place i've never been to with people I couldn't understand that were drunk and angry.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I got started carrying because I drive home alone at night along back country roads.
One night a car raced up behind me, flashed it's lights, then backed off.
Repeated it a several times then turned off. Made me realize how vulnerable
I was.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ya for a short time they did that out here in Cali on the freeways. Get behind you and start flashing there lights and then pull up beside you pointing at the rear of the car as if something was wrong. When you pulled over to check it out, they would rob you and take your car

·
Heart Of Dixie
589 Posts
One Saturday I was working and went out for lunch. I noticed a
truck following me and when I pulled in to my parking space he
pulled up and blocked me in. The man got out of his truck carrying
about a 3' length of 1" galvanized pipe. As I exited my vehicle I
drew my Springfield XD .45 and told the man to drop the pipe.
He took a step towards me (we were only about 10' apart) and
I shot him once in the chest. He staggered backwards and then
just sat down. I called 911 and a friend, who is also an attorney.
I never spoke to or touched the would be armed robber. I am
quite certain he would have killed or severely injured me if he
had had the chance. The sight of the gun didn't deter him in the
least. The Speer 230gr Golddot did deter him. He cut a plea deal
and was sentenced to 5 years. He served about 2 years before he
got out on parole. I never even went to court. Ok by me.

·
Noob the forum boob
1,150 Posts
trex1310 said:
Thank you for sharing glad you made it out ok

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Ya for a short time they did that out here in Cali on the freeways. Get behind you and start flashing there lights and then pull up beside you pointing at the rear of the car as if something was wrong. When you pulled over to check it out, they would rob you and take your car
They never pulled up beside me and pointed, just raced up, flashed the lights, backed off, and repeated several times. Not sure what they were up to, but as
a female driver alone on the back roads....I decided it would be wise to have
some protection.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
trex1310 said:
Thanks for sharing. Do you still have the XD45?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
When I was 13 I witnessed a scumbag rack his gun and point it at my dad while I was next him. I guess the scumbag was trying to intimidate my dad. Nothing happened the prick just drove off. Ever since then I've had a mind set that evil is out there and you gotta be prepared for it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts