Glock Firearms banner

161 - 180 of 230 Posts

·
64 Posts
i agree glocks are awesome you can get so many after market parts for them and they are pretty cheap and easy to get

·
Registered
16 Posts
For me it was on the advice of my Brother in Law. He said, I hate Glocks... but if you want a gun for home protection, get a Glock 19 (and a Remington 870), it will never let you down. If someone who doesn't like Glock is going to recommend it as his top choice, it has to be good. Then I held one...

·
Senior Member and Glock Fanatic
16 Posts
Because GLOCKS are durable, pretty accurate, always reliable, fairly priced, easy to take down and clean, the've got no frills, and in a word they are "basic" just like me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
In my opinion, they are the most reliable combat weapon out there! As far as reliability, Glock set the standard. So, I guess the question for you is, why not a Glock?

Cheers.

·
Banned
292 Posts
I like Glocks because they are light,easy to shoot,reliable and donn't cost alot. Plus I can change the sights with out sending it to a gunsmith.

·
303 Posts
I carried a Kel-Tec PF-9 for 3 years. For some reason after those three years the mag just decided it was going to drop out after I fired a round. I would re-rack fire again and once again the mag would drop. I knew this would not do. If I needed to defend my life in a situation I needed a reliable gun. I didn't think I would ever own a Glock. I had never shot one. I had shot an M&P .40 and I loved it. It felt great it had all the cool lines. However, I found a used Glock and got a good deal on a G22. I am in love with this gun and will never go back. After hearing all the reviews about how dependable they were I had to jump on it. Not disappointed a bit and I know it will always work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Freind of mine who's retired LEO recommended Glock to me for it's simplicity. Bought a 21 this spring. Really like it. Sort looking for a second one now.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have shot and handled many different firearms. And the Glock has the most natural feel to it. I can instantly acquire a target on a moments notice. As soon as you draw a Glock the sights are lined up. I love the way they look. It's perfection in every way. But bottom line is its a life saver. A reason why pretty much every LEO in this country carries a Glock on and off duty. Just point and shoot. Nothing more nothing less. I love my Glock 23.

·
Premium Member
5,066 Posts
Glocks are simple, accurate, reliable, a breeze to field strip, easy to customize and fit more holsters than I could possibly name. As a CC, LEO and Military tool, Glocks have a long track record of reliable performance.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I like the fact that you can put in different barrles in mine and shoot different rounds out of it if I want.

·
8 Posts
Dependability, My 21gen3 has over10,000 rounds thru it. Everthing from reloads to Hornady, I've never had a failure to feed. Knockdown factor-I.ve been running PMC Starfire hollow points. Would hate to be on the wrong end of that. Only thing, I've added is night sights, which help my old eyes, even in daylight. Agree with ease of takedown, and I've cleaned, after each use. After market Mags are easy to come by, and I have several. A true value.:cool:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I got a GLOCK a few years ago. Had a smith for home protection and a Kel tec for carry. Never really shot a GLOCK. My Kel tec started jamming so I sold it and took a chance on GLOCK after hearing and reading all the good info on them. After getting the 26, a month later sold my smith and got a 19 and have never looked back. Best gun ever shot. Accurate, reliable, just a wonderful gun. And contrary to what some people say and think, I happen to think they look good also.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Because i had read a story about a guy who had to evacuate New Orleans for Hurricane Katrina. Afterwards he had a cop friend retrieve his Glock from his Jeep that had been submerged in saltwater. The slide, barrel and other metal parts were rusted. The cop took it somewhere and under controlled conditions fire the weapon. Yes it fired, but due to the slide and other parts being rusted the shell wasn't ejected.

·
17 Posts
It fits my hands better than anything else. I had a Ruger SR9C - GREAT gun, but I wasn't as accurate as with the Glock 19. Sold the Ruger. Kept the Glock.

161 - 180 of 230 Posts