Why Glock?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by rick757, Dec 6, 2011.

1. rick757

rick757 New Member

With all the other firearms on the market why are do you guys like your Glock?

I don't own one, but just got an invite from another forum I'm on.

2. I love the fact that they have much more aftermarket support or upgradeable parts than most (production) handguns on the market.

those parts are readily available,

accessories are readily available,

I can strip it COMPLETELY bare in less than a minute,

less "working" parts than most handguns,

they are virtually indestructible,

they don't "rust" from CC,

they are EXTREMELY low maintenance,

you can get factory hi-cap (G18) mags for the 9mm and G21 mags for the G30,

they are accurate,

lack of "traditional" safety to fumble with in a hairy situation,

all my friends got them:p

oh yeah and liberals hate them !!!!:D

they always work,

fairly priced,

3. there is somthing to be said about being able to ONLY HAVE 33 parts to a gun and like the above post aftermarket parts .

4. peters923

peters923 New Member

NM
    What he said!

5. Steelharp

Steelharp New Member

Why? Because they fit me, point naturally, accurate and absolutely work every time. What better for a defensive pistol?

6. Great aftermarket support or upgradeable parts than most (production) handguns on the market and for the same reasons one of the members stated before me.

7. Mantis212

Mantis212 New Member

Texas
    Well most of these guys pretty much hit the nail on the head but to recap: reliability and simplicity!

Besides, what other firearm is trusted by so many LE personel all across the country with the same specs hmmm?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  8. Dirty J

Dirty J This forum sucks.

• Ease of stripping down the pistol with vritually no tools
    • Local support here in Metro Atlanta. I can drive over and get the pistol worked on while I wait
    • Ergonomics/trigger. While not for everyone... I LOVE the feel/fit.

9. jln370

jln370 Member

TX
    Affordable, simple & reliable. Anyone who is somewhat mechanically inclined can completely strip down and rebuild them using only a glock tool which costs $5 in my area. Tons of aftermarket parts, upgrades, holsters accessories etc. Parts and accessory compatibility. A lot of the parts on my G19 will fit on my G26 and vice versa. I can use any glock 9mm mag in my G26 and my G19 can use all 9mm glock mags except for G26 mags. You can run just about any jacketed ammo through them, mine will function flawlessly with the cheapest crap out there.

10. [​IMG]

Glock.....Because even if you can afford more, you simply cannot buy better!

11. VCMike

VCMike New Member

CA
    ^^^ I agree

12. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

Reliable, simple, reasonable price, fits my grip well, shoots well, ease of maintenance, great gun to carry in any environment, tough exterior finish, Oh yeah did I mention RELIABLE. Over 3K rounds and zero failures.

13. ODG34

ODG34 New Member

1. Look at a firearms parts catalog. All but the most unusual Glock parts are drop in, 90% of 1911 parts requier fitting.
    2. The chances of you needing to replace any of those drop in parts is slim.
    3. I have only seen one Glock fail to fire. It only failed to fire because of the aftermarket magazine. The magazine wasn't even for a Glock, it was for a Ruger P series. The Glock would still fire about 3 to 6 shots before it would jam.
    4. You can pay more, but you won't get more.
    5. Every size, every caliber functions exactly the same.
    6. You can get one in any color you want, as long as you want black.
    7. Because R. Lee Ermey said so.

14. loweryb221

loweryb221 New Member

I had always been a S&W double-action revolver guy until my Glock and I found each other. The Glock fit my hand like a custom made glove. It points naturally for me. The Glock operates as closely to a double-action revolver as you can get in a semiauto with no extra levers, buttons, switches or gizmos. The Glock is very affordable and it's just reliable as a semiauto gun can be. When I pull the trigger it goes bang every time.

15. LONEWOLF

LONEWOLF New Member

Because.....

I have yet to find a handgun that is as modular,more reliable, better feeling than my Glock 27 personally I have tried and in my opinion for its class it is one of the best.

16. G1D

G1D New Member

it always goes bang!!!

17. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

You go with the pros

Because so many LEO's carry them as their preferred off-duty carry.

Whatta'ya think, we're stupid? :D

18. rivalarrival

rivalarrival Are we there yet?

I haven't yet read the other replies to this thread, but I know I'm going to say basically the same things as everybody else.

1. They're damn-near indestructible. They've been run over, buried in sand, salt, mud, dragged behind trucks, hit with ball bats... and the worst failure is that the slide gets so gummed up it needs to be manually racked between shots, and/or hit to be put back into battery.

2. Reliable. I've never known a Glock that was picky about its ammunition.

3. Simple. Can be completely detail-stripped with nothing more than a punch (and a broken q-tip will work in a pinch... I know, I've seen me do it...)

4. Cost-effective. A similar quality 1911 runs twice as much. Easily.

5. Ugly/Utilitarian. Out of the box, they aren't pretty, they aren't supposed to be pretty. You don't feel (as) bad about scratches and wear marks from carry and holsters as you would about an expensive "pretty" gun.

6. Aftermarket support is outstanding. Only the 1911's aftermarket comes close.

I'll read the rest of the earlier replies, but I'll bet I hit just about everything. :p

19. BORIS

BORIS New Member

All that and Gaston listens to his customers. In 1990 S&W could not get their 40s to run for even a short period of time before major failures mechanically for the pistol. Then he gave us the 10mm and made 45ACP work on that frame. Gave smaller glocks when asked for them in the mid 90s, now everyone makes a baby version of their guns. We wanted a single stack 45, he gave it to us. We wanted less fat large frame Glocks, he gave them to us. We wanted rails, we got em. We wanted a 45 in a 9mm frame and he made a new cartridge for us. FHP wanted that new caliber in a Gen4 and he ran 4000 guns special for them. No other gun company listens to its customers like Gaston does.

That's why I like Glocks. He gives two dolphin flips how little a certain model might sell. He makes them to keep us happy....

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  20. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Now for a single stack 9mm! All in due time I guess.

And x2 on rivalarrival's list!! Gotta love something that works when you need it!