Glock Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

· Super Moderator
58,072 Posts
In California, as of this date, no Gen 4 or Gen 5 Glocks, nor any Glocks made in the USA, have been approved to be on the "Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale". So, the Gen 3 is all you see for sale new in California. I guess that would also be a reason the Gen 3 is more popular.
Time to consider doing what many Gun loving Californians have already done.

Move to Texas!

· Republic Of Texas & 50K Contest Winner Member
3,087 Posts
I prefer the gen 3 due too the grip. I don't like the pimples on the gen 4. plus I like the finger grooves on the gen 3

· Registered
3,716 Posts
For me, it’s grip angle mostly. I do not like to use the weak/flexing back straps on the G4/5 series. Although I have used them on the G26/27 size subcompact pistols and they are better. I have to do the strong side trigger guard undercut on my Gen 4s but not the Gen 3s.

I also use the Glock “-“ trigger connector and the Orange NY2 trigger spring in my Glocks. I just like the trigger reset and trigger feel with this set up. Anyways, these setup seems to work best on the Gen 3s.

I do like the Gen 4s recoil assembly, for the G23/22. I can tell a big difference between the two generations in 40S&W.

And who doesn’t love that frying pan finish on the Gen 3s!?!?
Lefty...are you sure you have the back strap snapped in good at the top on the Gen. 4? You said it was weak and flexing, but the med. beaver tail back strap on my Gen 4 is very secure. It’s kind of a hard snap at the top, but once done it’s very secure; at least on mine it is.

· Registered
4 Posts
For me, it’s grip angle mostly. I do not like to use the weak/flexing back straps on the G4/5 series. Although I have used them on the G26/27 size subcompact pistols and they are better. I have to do the strong side trigger guard undercut on my Gen 4s but not the Gen 3s.

I also use the Glock “-“ trigger connector and the Orange NY2 trigger spring in my Glocks. I just like the trigger reset and trigger feel with this set up. Anyways, these setup seems to work best on the Gen 3s.

I do like the Gen 4s recoil assembly, for the G23/22. I can tell a big difference between the two generations in 40S&W.

And who doesn’t love that frying pan finish on the Gen 3s!?!?
Gen 3 better who needs bk straps that get loose and pins

· Registered
4 Posts
Lefty...are you sure you have the back strap snapped in good at the top on the Gen. 4? You said it was weak and flexing, but the med. beaver tail back strap on my Gen 4 is very secure. It’s kind of a hard snap at the top, but once done it’s very secure; at least on mine it is.
Pin gets loose on straps not gen 3 gold standard model better. Soring recall early Glock. Gen 4

· Registered
15 Posts
Problem with Cali’s moving is they still vote for turds
Not the gun owners. But I share your concern. Many Californians who voted Democrat over the years have destroyed California with crime and high costs, and are now moving to Texas. Those are the ones you don't want coming to your state, as they will destroy Texas next. But you should welcome the conservatives with open arms (pun intended)!

· Registered
3,716 Posts
I never had a backstrap get loose on my Gen. 4. I put it on the day I bought the gun in 2013 and it hasn’t budged. After adding an Agency Arms magwell on it 2-3 years ago it definitely won’t move.

· Registered
4 Posts
What mistake? o_O :confused:

Personally, I like the Gen 4s better than the Gen 3s.

That said, I have Gen 3, Gen 4, and Gen 5 Glocks... and my preferred generation is Gen 5.

Why?

The...

Improved firing pin safety
Ambidextrous slide stop lever
Improved slide stop lever spring
Improved slide lock spring
Improved trigger spring / trigger mechanism housing
Improved trigger bar to trigger mechanism housing interface
No stock finger grooves
Glock Marksman Barrel
Add-on backstraps (same as Gen 4)
Reversible magazine catch (same as Gen 4)

In my opinion, the Gen 5 is Glock's best design to date. :D

Best regards,

Bob
Gen ,4 had lots problems early runs and jam straps got loose at pin springs recalled early finish better on gen 3 not stovepipes jams on 3 and far as parts triggers better gen 3 to all out the gold standard model better l lk gen 5 but guess Glock got gen 4 bk on track

· Registered
1,446 Posts
Texans worry about that. Texas Democrats are rubbing their hands together hoping.
More thread resurrection, I see.

This was a long time ago, and I love you man, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we have some very good friends, that are really fine people, who think they are California Conservatives. They may be. As a Texan, I call them Liberals. Not to be confused with snot slinging Liberals, but they are far left.
It wouldn't take much to convert them, as they are a product of their surroundings in many ways, but they still need conversion. We have some good laughs, and see along the same plane on a lot of things, but rarely eye to eye.

Gen 3 was kind of a breakthrough model for Glock. They were the model that was out when Glock got very popular. Lots of them around and they were in production for a long time before the 4 came along with problems that I read about but seem to be corrected, I guess, and gen5 is now out. Not sure about it, and I've read reviews, but nothing really stands out about it except parts aren't interchangeable with older models? I could be mistaken on that, but it sticks for some reason.

· Registered
184 Posts
If I were looking for an addition firearm....especially another Glock I would go with a Gen 5. As stated in other posts I also feel they are far better than the Gen 3. My brother in law has a gen 5 G17 and it being stock, is far superior to my Gen 3 with several after market parts installed.

· Registered
1,446 Posts
If I were looking for an addition firearm....especially another Glock I would go with a Gen 5. As stated in other posts I also feel they are far better than the Gen 3. My brother in law has a gen 5 G17 and it being stock, is far superior to my Gen 3 with several after market parts installed.
That may be the problem.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts