Glock Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
For me, it’s grip angle mostly. I do not like to use the weak/flexing back straps on the G4/5 series. Although I have used them on the G26/27 size subcompact pistols and they are better. I have to do the strong side trigger guard undercut on my Gen 4s but not the Gen 3s.

I also use the Glock “-“ trigger connector and the Orange NY2 trigger spring in my Glocks. I just like the trigger reset and trigger feel with this set up. Anyways, these setup seems to work best on the Gen 3s.

I do like the Gen 4s recoil assembly, for the G23/22. I can tell a big difference between the two generations in 40S&W.

And who doesn’t love that frying pan finish on the Gen 3s!?!?
Gen 3 better who needs bk straps that get loose and pins

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lefty...are you sure you have the back strap snapped in good at the top on the Gen. 4? You said it was weak and flexing, but the med. beaver tail back strap on my Gen 4 is very secure. It’s kind of a hard snap at the top, but once done it’s very secure; at least on mine it is.
Pin gets loose on straps not gen 3 gold standard model better. Soring recall early Glock. Gen 4

·
Registered
4 Posts
What mistake? o_O :confused:

Personally, I like the Gen 4s better than the Gen 3s.

That said, I have Gen 3, Gen 4, and Gen 5 Glocks... and my preferred generation is Gen 5.

Why?

The...

Improved firing pin safety
Ambidextrous slide stop lever
Improved slide stop lever spring
Improved slide lock spring
Improved trigger spring / trigger mechanism housing
Improved trigger bar to trigger mechanism housing interface
No stock finger grooves
Glock Marksman Barrel
Add-on backstraps (same as Gen 4)
Reversible magazine catch (same as Gen 4)

In my opinion, the Gen 5 is Glock's best design to date. :D

Best regards,

Bob
Gen ,4 had lots problems early runs and jam straps got loose at pin springs recalled early finish better on gen 3 not stovepipes jams on 3 and far as parts triggers better gen 3 to all out the gold standard model better l lk gen 5 but guess Glock got gen 4 bk on track

1 - 4 of 4 Posts