Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,718 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
For me, it’s grip angle mostly. I do not like to use the weak/flexing back straps on the G4/5 series. Although I have used them on the G26/27 size subcompact pistols and they are better. I have to do the strong side trigger guard undercut on my Gen 4s but not the Gen 3s.

I also use the Glock “-“ trigger connector and the Orange NY2 trigger spring in my Glocks. I just like the trigger reset and trigger feel with this set up. Anyways, these setup seems to work best on the Gen 3s.

I do like the Gen 4s recoil assembly, for the G23/22. I can tell a big difference between the two generations in 40S&W.

And who doesn’t love that frying pan finish on the Gen 3s!?!?

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Seems that I got a little anxious and made a mistake.
What mistake? o_O :confused:

Personally, I like the Gen 4s better than the Gen 3s.

That said, I have Gen 3, Gen 4, and Gen 5 Glocks... and my preferred generation is Gen 5.

Why?

The...

Improved firing pin safety
Ambidextrous slide stop lever
Improved slide stop lever spring
Improved slide lock spring
Improved trigger spring / trigger mechanism housing
Improved trigger bar to trigger mechanism housing interface
No stock finger grooves
Glock Marksman Barrel
Add-on backstraps (same as Gen 4)
Reversible magazine catch (same as Gen 4)

In my opinion, the Gen 5 is Glock's best design to date. :D

Best regards,

Bob

·
Registered
185 Posts
I prefer Gen 3's over Gen 4's. The stock trigger feels better to me. The stock grip fits my hand. The smoother texture works well when CCW. The finger grooves help me maintain a good grip on the gun. You really don't have to do anything to them... unless you want to... and if you do, there are countless aftermarket parts for them. I recently picked up a used (probably never fired) G19 Gen 3 at a local pawn shop. It came with night sights, an EGA on the slide cover plate, and two Gen 3 mags (one of them still had a warning sticker on it). 400 rounds so far... shoots nice... sight aligned perfectly... my future carry gun.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
In California, as of this date, no Gen 4 or Gen 5 Glocks, nor any Glocks made in the USA, have been approved to be on the "Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale". So, the Gen 3 is all you see for sale new in California. I guess that would also be a reason the Gen 3 is more popular.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts