Glock Forum banner
101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I have owned my G26 for two years. It was my first pistol ever. It's also been my EDC. Last month, I became the proud owner of a G17. I got this particular model for GSSF competitions which I started doing in January 2012. Other than that, I had no desire to add to my collection of one pistol. While I can understand owning more than one pair of sneakers (for different styles/seasons/weather) or cars (for weekend fun/hauling stuff/everyday driving) or tools (for multiple purposes), I still cannot get into the mindset of owning several firearms. I guess people collect them like some people collect decorative spoons.

I am really just looking for a reasonable justification for owning several Glocks. If I wanted to add to my collection (and I really want to do this but could not really justify getting one other than taking it to the range once in a while and just keeping it in a range bag most times), what would it be and why? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks so much!
Because he who dies with the most toys wins or something like that.....🤔

·
Faithful Member
287 Posts
Just like anything that you make a hobby out of, one will not be enough. You get different guns for different things, shooting fun, hunting, hobby shooting, etc. Plus different calibers thrown in. I have had at least three, (rifle, shotgun, pistol) since I was about 12 years old, and I am 66 now. I won't mention how many I have now, but a few small countries are jealous!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Among several glocks that I own 3 of them are g26's. 1 of those is my edc and the other 2 are backups. I had to carry one of the spares for a couple days this week when I was unable to remove a mounting screw from the rmr on my usual carry piece. Took the slide into the shop that did my slide cut and they were able to get the screw out and changed the battery for me. Picked it up the next day and back in business but I may have to rethink my loctite obsession
View attachment 278993

·
Registered
20 Posts
Among several glocks that I own 3 of them are g26's. 1 of those is my edc and the other 2 are backups. I had to carry one of the spares for a couple days this week when I was unable to remove a mounting screw from the rmr on my usual carry piece. Took the slide into the shop that did my slide cut and they were able to get the screw out and changed the battery for me. Picked it up the next day and back in business but I may have to rethink my loctite obsession
View attachment 278993
While it is an unpopular opinion I would look at the accessory obsession. I hate lights and RDSs lol (personal opinion not trying to start a war.)

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
My EDC is a G19. I like it very much. IMHO it's the best combination of capacity, concealment size, stopping power (with +P ammo), etc. In other words, the best all around GLOCK made. I have two of them for the simple reason that if for any reason I should be without one, whether it's lost, stolen, broken, confiscated after a SD incident, or whatever, I will still have a G19 for EDC in the meantime.
Also, I have some 10-rd magazines for them both just in case any silly laws get passed limiting us in Michigan to 10 rounds for carry or worse yet, possession. Right now there's no limit in Michigan, but you never know. That way I won't have to wait while I order 10-rounders, which will be on backorder most likely, especially if it's a national ban.
What I'm trying to say is that I have more than one G19 because I never want to be without on, even for a few weeks.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts