Glock Forum banner
41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Hail Commifornia
6,370 Posts
@series11 "for those U must have extra $200 and wait almost 6months! And they don't have 10mm.Mechtechsystem conversion ships to your door.
Eh, just tossing those out there. I was looking at the Mechtechsystem as well. The only issue I have is if I use the lower reciever then I'm out a pistol. Still an interesting concept and I am looking at it.

The Kriss is + or - $2000, but it is an awesome weapon. I basically had to tell people to not give me anything except money for my birthday and christmas and took me a while but I got it and love it.

I don't know the reliability of the JR carbine but I like the idea behind it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have multiple handguns of many different brands, but my EDC is the G26. In the wintertime (when a perp is likely to have multiple layers of clothing on), I carry the G30.

At home, I have several firearms distributed throughout the house, all in Condition One, for Just In Case. Imagine if I only had one handgun, and it was with me, while someone was doing a home invasion with my daughters home alone. Oh, and several shotguns dedicated to home defense, just waiting for them zombies! :)

I also have some handguns that sit in the cabinet that I would occasionally shoot for the heck of it (and to reassure the pistol I haven't forgotten about her), and I have a couple that for whatever reason I do not like or do not enjoy shooting, and they get stored with the firing pins removed. If I am ever in a financial bind (and this has happened before), I can sell or pawn them as needed, without getting overly concerned about getting them back.

The way I see it is simple: if you got the funds to do it, then why not? And if you have more than one gun, then you fall into one of two categories:

The Gun Collector - who will purchase a gun without regard as to cost or even practicality long-term (no offense to Gun Collectors out there!)
The Gun Accumulator - who will buy a gun on a whim if the the price is right. That's me.

But, like Morgan Freeman said (in the movie The Sum of All Fears): "I'm not worried about the guy with a thousand (atom bombs)....I'm worried about the guy with only one." ..... same applies to handguns.

Cheers!
I am more of a "gun hoarder". Take both of your categories and put them together-thats me. haha

·
Registered
214 Posts
series11 said:
Hey check this out!!!!!

http://www.justrightcarbines.com/JR_Carbine_Products.html

I am doing more research but this looks promising and you can buy conversions to fit multiple caliber mags.

http://www.kriss-tdi.com/

I LOVE my Kriss. It fits all G21 mags and they are coming out with the K10 which is .45 auto, .40S&W, and 9mm. I asked and they said that it is probable that the K10 will work with all glock mags.
Just checked out the JR Carbine, def on my wish list!!!

·
Hail Commifornia
6,370 Posts
@series11- I got 2-G21 &2-G20. I got 6" slide w/barrelled in 10mm. Using for hunting. Thinking about get 16" for 10mm.
That is cool, that would definitely be good for hunting. That is one of the reasons I get people to buy Glock, for as reasonably cheap it is it has reliability, accesories and other things that you can use it with. Please post pics when you get it and tell me how it is:)

·
Registered
186 Posts
I own several, but each serves a purpose.
We are issued Glock 22's at work. I don't particularly care for the 22, so I bought a 35 for use in my uniformed patrol and tax duties. Then I got transferred to narcotics, so I bought a 23. As of late, my dislike of the 40 cal has gotten the best of me, and I'm switching over to 9mm's so I bought a 34. Next on the list will be a 19, which will be my new narc and off duty gun.

My 21sf is the only oddball that was not purpose bought... I got it in a trade tha I just could not resist, and I planned on selling it. But then I shot it and I liked it, so it's not going anywhere.

Outside of that I probably couldn't justify the number of AR's I have or have had, even if I tried. Shooting sports are all that I can still play, and 99% of my hobbies revolve around guns... So I like to keep a few around.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Happysniper1's post reminds me of one of Hickock45's rapid fire videos that he did just for fun. Going throughout the whole house pulling out and packing different firearms and ammo. Even in the refrigerator's vegetable bin, grandfather glock and under the hood of the car. Good stuff

·
Registered
63 Posts
My reasons for having multiple G19's are pure logistical.

His and hers duty guns. The 3rd 19 was in case one of us were involved in a shooting. (They take your gun for evidence, just like everyone else's.) I carried a 26 as a bug. We also have a Marlin camp modified to take Glock 19 mags, and a Kel-Tec sub 2000 that also take 19 mags.

All of them takes the same ammo, and the same mags. Simplified logistics. Only the G26 mag are different, and it's obvious enough not to confuse them with the 19 mags.

This works for me and my wife. YMMV

·
Registered
1 Posts
series11 said:
Hey check this out!!!!!

http://www.justrightcarbines.com/JR_Carbine_Products.html

I am doing more research but this looks promising and you can buy conversions to fit multiple caliber mags.

http://www.kriss-tdi.com/

I LOVE my Kriss. It fits all G21 mags and they are coming out with the K10 which is .45 auto, .40S&W, and 9mm. I asked and they said that it is probable that the K10 will work with all glock mags.
Man that Kris looks awesome, but looks like a lot to clean after running a few thousand rounds through it...

·
Hail Commifornia
6,370 Posts
Man that Kris looks awesome, but looks like a lot to clean after running a few thousand rounds through it...
It really isn't. It has a few parts and it is really easy to clean. I love it!!!:D

Once I get time I'll do a Kriss thread with pics.

41 - 60 of 104 Posts