Why do XD fans hate GLOCK so badly

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by LONEWOLF, Mar 19, 2012.

1. LONEWOLF

LONEWOLF New Member

I recently added a comment to a HICKOK45 GLOCK 19 video and got verbally assaulted by an XD fan about how GLOCK will go out of business soon due to overwhelming XD sales I guess thats why it took me so long to get a hold of a GEN 4 G19 because the distributors didnt have any from the large GLOCK sales in my region. Bottom line is I dont care what you carry the way i see it were all on the same team and we all have common enemies like the Brady Campaign and the U.N. trying to ban small arms and all other anti-gun legislation cant we all just get along...... :cool:

2. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

3. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Any time one picks a name (in our case, Glock), there will always be someone else who has picked another name (such as 1911 or XD) who will never pass up the chance to point out how badly we have chosen, if only to reinforce their justification for their choice.

I'd leave it be, you cannot argue with a fanatic.

*Besides, everyone knows which is better :D

4. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Besides, the world knows where a lot of the concepts of the XD were copied from. The Sigma as well!

5. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

I don't see Glock going out of business anytime soon or at all for that matter. I think Glock is 1 of the most compared. It's been imitated but never duplicated. Although an xd may be a decent Glock alternative, (as some say), it is not & never will be a Glock. Everyone guns for Glock & 1911 simply because in order to be the best, u have to beat the best. More than once imo to prove its not a flook. Xd putting Glock out of business? I just can't see it happening. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

6. Hey I'm not going to say anything bad about either. I own both xd and now my first glock. They are both great firearms each with their own personality.

7. cmiddleton

cmiddleton New Member

Each one of our hands is different. If someone shoots well with a hi point and states that it fits their hand better than any other gun they have tried, more power to them.

I agree with the silliness of petty squabbling over guns, it's the grabbers we need to be concerned with. If they can manage to get us to give up our 2A rights, I am certain our 1A rights will be soon to follow. Unfortunately some of the vigilant 1A people are so vocal against the 2A, and if that second is ever stripped away, they will be so bewildered when they come to the realization that the only thing protecting that First was the Second. By then it will be too late.

On the subject. I like that other people like guns other than Glocks. It drives competition and innovation. XD did a wonderful thing with magazine capacity in .45 ACP. If we could have had that kind of capacity years ago a .40 may have never have gained such a following.

8. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

What is your experience with the xd as far as reliability? Any problems at all?

9. I personally haven't had any issues with mine. I've heard alot but don't buy into the hear say. I go off of first hand experiences.

10. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Well said. It's kind of sad that some people actually base their decisions off hear say instead of what works best for them.

11. Ductboy

Ductboy New Member

I own a Glock-17, Glock-19, XD-9,XD-40, every time I pull the trigger they go boom. Have nothing bad to say about any of them.

12. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

That's why they make vanilla, chocolate, strawberry...

13. mwdenko

mwdenko New Member

Ohio
    I'm an equal opportunity shooter.

I like Glock, Smith and Wesson, XD Springfield, Ruger, Thompson Center, Black Powder, Etc...

14. Hate to admit it here......since I own one, the XDM trigger out of the box far surpasses anything Glock ever thought about. That being said, I can not stand the rest of the gun(the XDM). Mainly how the XDM slide is put together. That stupid striker retaining pin that breaks from dry firing to much.

15. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

I have an early model XD-9 (service), bought when they first came out, brand new in box for $250. It was so new, people were going "You bought an X-what?"

It handles well, shoots well, recoil very manageable, I like the 16-round magazine capacity, but I didn't like the long takeup on the trigger. Be that as it may, It was my EDC until I got my '26.

My daughter has shot it at her first IDPA, and is wanting to make it hers. Her reason: grip feels better in her (small) hands than the G26. Like Shooter said, chocolate, vanilla, strawberry....

16. BORIS

BORIS New Member

Not possible when Gaston makes more pistols in one month than IM Metal in Croatia makes in a year. And that aint made up.

17. sawfiler

sawfiler New Member

well I like them both too,but maybe it's like NASCAR usually the guy that wins the most gets booed the most. sometimes when your that good people love to hate you. just saying maybe Glock really is that good.

18. triggerhappy

triggerhappy New Member

One thing's for sure, we are all nicer than them :)

Which really means Glocks and their owners are better :D

19. BORIS

BORIS New Member

After my wife stole the G19 from me I replaced it with the G37. About a year later she told me she was getting me another 9mm to replace it and assumed i wanted another G19. One perfection pistol is enoigh for me. I can fix anything on mine in a few minutes myself unless the slide or frame blows up. Good enough for me. Im fine with one Glock for myself. A buddy was selling his XD9 at the time. A very early, one of the first HS2000s with SA advertisements all over it to hit the shelves. It was the first one his LGS got in actualy. So I bought it for cheap. It has almost 30K through it now after a decade and she aint slowing down. Still on the original striker retainer pin too. Broke the factory RSA so it got replaced with a solid rod one spring setup.

I love my XD, its a hell of a gun I will never replace....