Glock Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I see people asking for pre ban mag why. Not just go and buy a new mag I don't know why you guys want old high cap mags. Thanks

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Vince7003 said:
Ok I see people asking for pre ban mag why. Not just go and buy a new mag I don't know why you guys want old high cap mags. Thanks
Because in certain states they have banned magazines over 10 rnds unless it was manufactured before the ban was put in place. So if you buy a pre ban you can legally have a magazine that holds more than 10 rnds.

I live in California and the law is in place here. I think New York but not sure what other states.

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
I love Colorado. 33 round mags, no problem! 100 round mags, if you can afford it why not! :D

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Webphisher said:
I love Colorado. 33 round mags, no problem! 100 round mags, if you can afford it why not! :D
I would love that!!!! I am from Florida and we can do the same there but I live in Cali now and feel like I was stripped of my right :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I get it know ok thanks. Ya I am in Nevada so I can have high cap mags I have a 32 round mag on the way.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Vince7003 said:
Oh I get it know ok thanks. Ya I am in Nevada so I can have high cap mags I have a 32 round mag on the way.
You Lucky lucky man........

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
For the record.

GLOCK never produced a HiCap magazine. They are Standard Capacity. The Clinton Ban came out and required manufactures to no longer produce any magazines that held more than 10 rounds. The ban/law was in place for ten years.

No I am not the grammar police, just like to see terms used that apply a little more correctly to the product.

·
Registered
723 Posts
For the record.

GLOCK never produced a HiCap magazine. They are Standard Capacity. The Clinton Ban came out and required manufactures to no longer produce any magazines that held more than 10 rounds. The ban/law was in place for ten years.

No I am not the grammar police, just like to see terms used that apply a little more correctly to the product.
Yep, I prefer to call the low cap mags neutered. One of the many reasons I am moving to a free state in a couple years

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
For the record.

What about the 33rd 9mm mag and the 22rd 40cal mag? Aren't those HiCap mags ;)

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
What about the 33rd 9mm mag and the 22rd 40cal mag? Aren't those HiCap mags ;)
The 33 round was made for the G-18. Yea, I suppose that could be considered Hi Cap:D
Don't know anything about a 22 round mag for the 40 cal models tho. Oh, unless you are refering to the aftermarket conversion kit.:confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts