why do people ask for pre ban mag

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Vince7003, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Vince7003

Vince7003 New Member

Ok I see people asking for pre ban mag why. Not just go and buy a new mag I don't know why you guys want old high cap mags. Thanks

2. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Because in certain states they have banned magazines over 10 rnds unless it was manufactured before the ban was put in place. So if you buy a pre ban you can legally have a magazine that holds more than 10 rnds.

I live in California and the law is in place here. I think New York but not sure what other states.

3. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

I love Colorado. 33 round mags, no problem! 100 round mags, if you can afford it why not! :D

4. glocknloaded

I would love that!!!! I am from Florida and we can do the same there but I live in Cali now and feel like I was stripped of my right :(

5. Vince7003

Vince7003 New Member

Oh I get it know ok thanks. Ya I am in Nevada so I can have high cap mags I have a 32 round mag on the way.

6. glocknloaded

You Lucky lucky man........

7. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

For the record.

GLOCK never produced a HiCap magazine. They are Standard Capacity. The Clinton Ban came out and required manufactures to no longer produce any magazines that held more than 10 rounds. The ban/law was in place for ten years.

No I am not the grammar police, just like to see terms used that apply a little more correctly to the product.

8. EvilD

EvilD New Member

Yep, I prefer to call the low cap mags neutered. One of the many reasons I am moving to a free state in a couple years

9. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

What about the 33rd 9mm mag and the 22rd 40cal mag? Aren't those HiCap mags ;)

10. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Geez, this thread reminded me why I live in AZ.

11. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Me too! Tho im from CA orginally.

12. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

The 33 round was made for the G-18. Yea, I suppose that could be considered Hi Cap:D
    Don't know anything about a 22 round mag for the 40 cal models tho. Oh, unless you are refering to the aftermarket conversion kit.:confused:

13. american lockpicker

american lockpicker New Member