Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Boulevard C50T

I also installed an led light system . 20 LED's (blue) The paint is black with a blue flake in it . You can't see it until the sun hits it..Then it POPS !!!

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
I used to on a Harley FXSTS. It was a great bike. I remember riding home from Ft Benning, GA to visit family for 11.5 hours... in the rain wearing a skid pot. Man that was dumb.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
My 2003 Honda VTX 1300S. I sold this last April when my wife and I found out she was pregnant. Sad I had to sell her (the bike) but in April 2016 I get my Harley Street Glide.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
My 2003 Honda VTX 1300S. I sold this last April when my wife and I found out she was pregnant. Sad I had to sell her (the bike) but in April 2016 I get my Harley Street Glide.

So you did the car tire on the rear huh? How did that work out for you? I know some long distance FJR guys that did that but have never ridden a bike with one. Just never understood the cornering thing with a cage tire on.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
sometimes I roll on 2 wheels, hard cornering an such....

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Not me yet but it's at the top of the list.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
2016 is the 5 year mark. That's the deal my wife and I made, in writing. I sell the bike and in 5 years I can get whatever I want.

The car tire is the best mod I ever did beside the HID headlight. Smoother ride. Better traction. You actually have more rubber contact when cornering with a car tire than you do a motorcycle tire. It was a pain in the arse to get on the wheel though. It tooks us 3 hours to get it on.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
You actually have more rubber contact when cornering with a car tire than you do a motorcycle tire.
I beg to differ. I've spent a lot of miles behind ones who've done this watching their rear tires in the SE mountains. To be honest, it scares the crap out of me even watching it but all the long distance guys I know that have done it love it. I couldn't ever bring myself to do it when I had my FJR. I'll stick to changing tires every 1-3k for my peace of mind.:cool:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Argyle_Armoring said:
Here is my old 2003 Honda Shadow ACE. My first bike and the one I sold to get the VTX.
Hondas are a blast to ride my first one was a rebel 250

1 - 20 of 40 Posts