Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Member1
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watched youtube video by Humans4Targets2 on glock 25 cent trigger job. Is this recommended? Does it void any warranty? What do you guys think. I already have the Ghost Connector, but still think the pull could be a little smoother. Thoughts?...

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
This has been HIGHLY debated on here for some time now. I personally did it to my 26 after my first range trip and DID notice a slight difference. I will however say that it probably just aided in the "break-in" of the internals.
Glocks tend to shoot better the more you use them.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
I've done it. But took it past $0.25 and made it a dollar. POlished the rails, locking block, etc. etc.

I did it for "cleanliness" purposes (just wipe clean). It won't make your trigger pull lighter, just smoother (if at all) and you are doing the same thing that shooting tons of rounds would do with "Breaking in the parts".

A word with warranties, unless a company can directly tie what you've done to your warranty claim, they can't deny the warranty. Its the basic gist of the Magnusson/Moss warranty act.

Do it at your own risk.

HTH
D

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I do it to every Comp 1 and Comp 2 Setup I install on customer's Glocks.

·
Lurker
106 Posts
I noticed mine being a little smoother, the trigger reset feels better if you hold and let it out slow, but it could just be me. And it cost a dollar because I had to buy a thing of flitz metal polish, but idk how they could say it will void your warranty, you cant even tell I detail stripped the gun. It was nice though to get the gun apart and learn more about it, also clean the inside, and Im glad you are using humans4targets2 videos. Thats what I used and they were such a great help!

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
I just shot the hell out of my 19 and it polished itself lol.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
BabaaBooey said:
Thanks mike. At home depot. Not seeing any of the **** used in videos. Lmao!
Any auto parts store has mothers polish.

But flitz is good too!

D

·
Member1
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Job complete. Enjoyed stripping the receiver for the first time and polished the components necessary. Dry fire feels nice. Ill take her to the range tomorrow. Thanks everyone. I love this forum!

·
Member1
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thought. Ive heard chatter about this potentially making a full auto effect. Can anyone verify this?

Sorry if I am asking too many questions. I guess i will find out at the range!

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Thought. Ive heard chatter about this potentially making a full auto effect. Can anyone verify this?

From what I understand, you have to polish off A LOT and in a particular spot for that to happen.

Personally, i haven't seen this ever happen.

D

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
BabaaBooey said:

If you polish the rear of the sear you will effectively change the angle where the trigger bar engages the sear. THIS will cause a full auto effect. DO NOT POLISH THE SEAR! ONLY polish the "birdshead" at the end of the trigger bar, the "hump" that engages the firing pin safety, and the firing pin safety itself. I suggest nothing else. Those three areas are where most friction/drag occur.

Hope this helps.

·
Member1
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dwcfastrice said:
From what I understand, you have to polish off A LOT and in a particular spot for that to happen.

Personally, i haven't seen this ever happen.

D
Cool thats what i figured. I only used qtips. I think its when people shave metal off the fpin and ramp. Thanks all ill let u know how the range goes.

·
8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)
3,451 Posts
I did it on a Brand new Gen4 G19 at the same time I installed a 3.5 connector. Obviously, I didn't know which made the difference, or was it both. So, I polished my stock connector and reinstalled it and noticed no significant difference compared to complete stock.

The thing I noticed that helped more than anything with my G19 was: when I VERY carefully removed the rough edges at the very rear or top edge of the cruciform. I could feel my trigger hanging up and dragging somewhere right at the very very end, just before it fired. By smoothing out that edge, it allowed the cruciform to smoothly drop down below the firing pin much more smoothly with no hanging or dragging. I was very careful not to remove the main material of it. I ONLY removed the roughness that was left over from when the part was stamped. They may not all be as rough as mine was, I don't know. It was, however, very evident what was causing the dragging, or gritty feel. I took it apart and investigated all parts, when I saw that roughness, I knew that had to be the culprit. If you do this, do it at your own risk. I also took the time to test this gun afterwards in different real time settings to make sure it did not affect safety. I am satisfied that it made my trigger smoother and in no way compromised the safety of the firearm. Disclaimer: results may vary.

I also polished everything on a used Gen3 G30SF that had a pretty sweet trigger when I got it. You could see where everything was "worn in" nicely just from shooting. I decided to polish everything anyhow and noticed zero improvements, not that it needed any.

In summary: I think polishing does very little. I think a lighter connector that is tuned properly will make the biggest improvements. MikeP informed me of the importance of tuning with paper. It made all the difference. Even the connectors that say "drop in" still need to be paper tuned. You can drop in a 3.5 connector and if you don't take the time to adjust it with the paper, it will make no difference and maybe even be worse.

I will also add that if you polish with Flitz or Mothers applied to a Q-tip, you are spinning your wheels. It needs to be done with a Dremel with a buffer attachment. Sure, you are making it shiny with a Q-tip but you are not really smoothing it. I know this because I viewed the same video you referenced and did that before I used a Dremel.

I am now completely satisfied with my G19 trigger. I believe it was a combination of the removing of the roughness on the cruciform and the 3.5 connector that has been properly tuned with paper.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.