Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I don't carry in places posted for no firearms. Won't go there if I don't have to, but won't risk arrest, my CC permit, or bringing disrepute to responsible gun owners. Also, until just recently I worked in such a place and was not willing to risk my job or my license to practice my profession.

·
Carry on my friends!!!!
974 Posts
I plead the 5th

·
Sheep Dog-MCLMM
430 Posts
I am a firm believer in the "I'd rather be tried by twelve, than carried by six" method. Obviously I would not try to carry into a place that is truly unlawful to carry in, courthouse, bar, federal or state government buildings. But I also NEVER go to these places. Open carry starts Nov. 1st here in Oklahoma but I'm used to concealed carry, and I do it very well. Also, here in Oklahoma, about 80% of the folks here have their heads on straight and love and accept firearms as a part of everyday life. I honestly can't think of a place who has a NO FIREARMS sign and if they do I either get pissed and never go back or I just go in and do my business and somehow manage to make it out undetected and undetained.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Interesting topic, but I wouldn't expect to see people who chose to violate 'no carry' signs admit to doing so on a public forum. Just saying.

·
Registered
411 Posts
i try not to, but sometimes you dont know you are because they fail to post there sign in a open manner. like on the door, or somewhere you should see it when you walk in. i went into a business place and was in there for 30 min. when i got to the back of the store i noticed on the wall, was a no firearm sign. really? in the very back? lol

·
Registered
656 Posts
I carry everywhere allowed by the KY CCDW laws. If you carry in a place with a "no gun" sign they can ask you to leave. If you refuse to leave you can be charged with trespassing. If you are doing your job (concealed carry) it should never be an issue. The only place I've been in the last year that had one of those signs was a movie theatre. Funny I remember those signs going up all over right after CCDW became law here. Over time 99% of them disappeared in favor of "no smoking" decals.
Ohio is a different story though. They have a form online business owners can print out, frame, and post at their door making it illegal to carry. Also illegal to carry in a church. That is the strictest of any state I normally travel in. I don't go to foreign countries like Chicago or New York.
I always check the laws in any state I am going to be travelling in.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I always have my carry with me, that being said I am not willing to break the law, carrying or otherwise. Call me old fashion, It's the LAW....

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
To me if you are breaking the law then you are making others who CC look bad because of your decisions. Cause really....the anti's NEED more fuel.

I don't like the fact that just because some can't disarm they are willing to possibly jeopardize MY right to CC. Why would anyone give money to someone or a business that doesn't want them there in the first place? :mad: I guess I don't understand.

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
If I have my G30 with me and I'm just going to run in and check the P.O. Box then I'll carry but if I have actual business to do inside the business area of the Post Office I'll leave the gun in my truck. Also, since I don't go to bars anymore that's not a problem and most places with a bar in them that serves food is "good to go" for carry here in Tennessee as long as I don't drink alcohol while I'm packin'.
Other then that there's really no place that I go that has a "No Firearms" sign posted so it's not a problem.
To me if you are breaking the law then you are making others who CC look bad because of your decisions. Cause really....the anti's NEED more fuel.
Still, on the other side of the coin it would have been kind of nice if a few folks would have broken the "no firearms" sign at the Movie Theater in CO and put Holmes down instead of letting him have free reign over those unarmed folks. Just saying.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Still, on the other side of the coin it would have been kind of nice if a few folks would have broken the "no firearms" sign at the Movie Theater in CO and put Holmes down instead of letting him have free reign over those unarmed folks. Just saying.

Only one person did break the no firearms code. Unfortunately, it was the BG.

Rant on.

It's Luby's cafeteria all over again. We need more Suzanna Hupp's to step forward and influence a change in the law so that responsible, law-abiding citizens can legally carry everywhere to defend themselves, just like criminals carry everywhere now (which incidentally includes 'gun-free zones').

Some politicians need to wake up and understand: gun restrictions take away the single most equalizing tool people have available to defend themselves with. BG's will continue to massacre innocent unarmed people by other means if guns become unattainable by anyone. An armed society can shoot back at the BG shooter, or shoot the lock off a door to get out of a burning building whose exits have been chained shut by some psychotic who is determined to murder a lot of people.

An armed society is more capable of fighting for their lives when their lives must be fought for. An unarmed society is Fantasy Island come to life for those who would do others harm.

Politicians have difficulty coming to a concensus which dead public figure they should name a street after. They think they can manage to disarm the criminal element by passing a law banning guns? Pipe dreams.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Only one person did break the no firearms code. Unfortunately, it was the BG.

Rant on.

It's Luby's cafeteria all over again. We need more Suzanna Hupp's to step forward and influence a change in the law so that responsible, law-abiding citizens can legally carry everywhere to defend themselves, just like criminals carry everywhere now (which incidentally includes 'gun-free zones').

Some politicians need to wake up and understand: gun restrictions take away the single most equalizing tool people have available to defend themselves with. BG's will continue to massacre innocent unarmed people by other means if guns become unattainable by anyone. An armed society can shoot back at the BG shooter, or shoot the lock off a door to get out of a burning building whose exits have been chained shut by some psychotic who is determined to murder a lot of people.

An armed society is more capable of fighting for their lives when their lives must be fought for. An unarmed society is Fantasy Island come to life for those who would do others harm.

Politicians have difficulty coming to a concensus which dead public figure they should name a street after. They think they can manage to disarm the criminal element by passing a law banning guns? Pipe dreams.
I don't know who said it but it is very wise!! " An armed society , is a polite society" !! Says it all for me!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
1 - 20 of 52 Posts