Who carries at home?

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by CDR_Glock, Jul 7, 2012.

1. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Well-Known Member

It won't do any good if someone is breaking in and your gun is in the nightstand or safe. I live in a safe area and use the security system. However, I feel better carrying WHEN I can.

2. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

I do. Big property too, so outside also.

3. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

At least one within reach always. somtimes 2 or 3.

4. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I carry at home, I figure the holster is already on the belt might as well keep it on

5. william488

william488 New Member

when not at work, always on me or in arms length away.

6. laober

laober Member

I always have one near, if not on me, and I always do when I'm outside on my property. You never know when some crazy hillbilly or rabid coyote will jump out, lol.

7. glockinonheavensdoor

glockinonheavensdoor New Member

Once the sun goes down the glock comes out.

8. wmodavis

wmodavis New Member

It's always on me or on the night stand when I'm in bed or safely stowed in the car if I have to go in somewhere that doesn't allow OC or CC.

9. Donn

Donn Active Member

If I'm dressed, I'm carrying.

10. AF1Sgt

AF1Sgt New Member

Just bought my first house after 17 yrs in the military, wife and 3 kids, with a lot of valuables we've collected over the years so I plan on carrying when we arrive there next week. I subscribed to crimereport.com and it sends me weekly updates on crime in my neighborhood with locations where they occur. Not too bad around my area, but there are a lot of B&Es in the town. 35,000 Army + the community... Just read a soldier killed another soldier and shot the cop who reponded. Another lady was jumped as she opened her garage door at 5am to go to work.... Man beat her in the head with rock and robbed her. Can't let that happen to my family so some good alarms, cameras, weapons and the training and willingness to use them will be our defense. Eliminate the threat. Just realized I may be a GF addict :) haven't had coffee yet!

11. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

That's a symptom!! I think you are and addict. Hurry and get that coffe so you can see the next post!! And stay awake to read it...........:D

12. Most of the time I'll either have it on me or sitting next to me. Never know when a bad guy will come a knockin' at the door.;)

13. Blaze

Blaze Active Member Supporter

I have a remarkable security system( dog bark) grab my glock, orher dog barks grab 2 glocks

14. AF1Sgt

AF1Sgt New Member

A half pot of coffee down, kids are fed, wife is out and i'm really wanting to do some shooting! Probably not a good idea to target shoot right here in on-base housing ;)

15. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

I carry all the time when dressed.

16. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Maybe we have a vendor that can work out the rest of the time for you! LOL!!!:eek::D:D

17. glockinonheavensdoor

glockinonheavensdoor New Member

Sadly I say when I leave my home I lock it up in the safe. My wife and my daughter are armed with pepper spray. As for me I'm a old street fighter from Brooklyn which might be a deterrent.

18. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I have my gun/guns on me whenever I am dressed. I have a 4 year, and 3 year old. So if not in my safe, then on my person. I do keep my 21sf in my room in a wall mount single pistol biometric safe. That way if the house alarm goes of I can access a gun with one swipe of my finger, but the boys still can't get to it.

19. laober

laober Member

You've made me realize I have a problem too :(
    I check gf now before I even roll out of bed to shuffle to the coffee pot, the glow of my phone helps me wake up..........
    Is there some sort of support group for us addicts? ;)

20. 10mil

10mil Is That a .40....nope its a 10MM!

GA
    That sounds like a good idea. Ill have to get me one of those. When Im awake its on my hip but when i sleep its on my night stand now that my little girls walking we was thinking about letting the wall down on her crib so she can get out of bed and cone to us instead of yellin in the mornings but i was fearing she night grab my gun even thou its in a black hawk holster still a fear