White Residue On Your Gun

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by PUNISHER, Mar 24, 2012.

1. When you go to the range, and finish, do you notice that white crap on the end of the gun?

What the hell is that stuff and how do you get rid of it?
    Any way to prevent it from happening?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
  2. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

3. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

+1. Residue from muzzel.

4. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

White crap???? The only thing on my muzzle is gunpowder res. and it's not white. Just clean it.

5. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

Don't worry about it. It's just the bird poop from you taking so long between shots.:p:D

6. littleposerfish

littleposerfish New Member

^ lol, oh my goodness. thats just great stuff lol.

7. Matthew780

Matthew780 Very Sensitive Guy (^;)

HAHAHHAHAHA! Funny!

I was fortunate enough to find an indoor range here at home (the only one around as far as I know). I'm going soon to put mine through some paces. Maybe I'll find out what this is. 350 rounds through mine and I didn't have anything like that.

??????

8. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

It reacts to the heat and it changes to diferent happy colors? Bob Ross voice..... :D

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  9. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Gunpowder residue deposits vary by brand of ammo.

Try a different brand of ammo?

10. I use Winchester White Box. Maybe I should try Federal

11. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

I would prefer WWB over UMC yellow box, that stuff is dirty ammo!

Thankfully, I reload my own, so I don't need to deal with this.

12. BAHAH thats hilarious man haha

13. I LOVE FEDERAL man, its solid stuff

14. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

Everyte I shot WWB it dirties the heck out of my gun. And breathing that black smoke Sux. But could've been just a bad batch the three ted I shot with it. Other ppl seem to like it. I may give it another shot. But for the price of federal and little or no smoke out the barrel I love it.

15. Man, Im trying to remember what ammo brand I was using...it might have been either WWB or maroon box federal, but I remember one trip to the range with my 92fs in 9mm, when I was getting ready to clean it I noticed inside the slide and frame around the chamber there was quite a bit of white specs everywhere, never did figure out what it was, but like you I was intrigued. So if you figure it out, let me know.

16. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

I really like the RWS 124 gr. that I found at Sports Authority. The same price as Federal Champion at Wally World. Shoots much cleaner that WWB.

17. G2376

G2376 New Member

I get the residue but simply wipe it off after firing. Using Federal 180 grain ammo.