Glock Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently bought a G34 MOS and I am eventually going to put a red dot on it.

I've heard Trijicon is one of the best

Any basic info/suggestions on what model I should get would be greatly appreciated. I don't know much about "moa" either. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
The only RMR I have shot was the amber dot and it sucked, too hard to pick up the dot. Hopefully the newer versions are better. But they are pricey.
I have used the C-More STS on my G35 and G23 with good results. Their new RTS model is nice also. The Burris Fast Fire is a popular sight as well. As far as dot size you will want at least a 5 moa dot or larger for a handgun. If the gun is going to be for target shooting or hunting than a smaller dot is usable. But if competition is in your interests than the larger dot is easier to pick up quickly. Most of your competition red dots are red, but I have seen some green ones also.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I purchased the Trijicon RMR for my G35 MOS and absolutely love it!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Burris Fast Fire III

·
Registered
94 Posts
There’s a number of different ways to mount but the best would be to have the slide milled for the particular red dot used.
Hey Danzig,
Thanks for the information. I assume there is enough "balls" to the slide to allow it to be milled to accommodate the red dot sights. Also wonder if Glock in Smyrna GA would do that for me. We're in Florida now and when homebound in about a month, THAT will be on our way.
In any case, Thanks again.
Mark

·
Glockin’ since 1993
35,763 Posts
Hey Danzig,
Thanks for the information. I assume there is enough "balls" to the slide to allow it to be milled to accommodate the red dot sights. Also wonder if Glock in Smyrna GA would do that for me. We're in Florida now and when homebound in about a month, THAT will be on our way.
In any case, Thanks again.
Mark
Glock won’t offer that service. You’ll have to find a company that provides the service. There are a number on the internet. Pricing runs around $100+ and up but sometimes you can find cheaper. Refinish if needed will add to the price. You might want to do an online search for a company that is close to you, so you can see options in person and avoid shipping.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Danzig,
I kinda suspected Glock wasn't the place for this apparent aftermarket customization. So ,all the more, your help is very much appreciated.
Thanks
Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts