Which one?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Glock_Guy199, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Glock_Guy199

Glock_Guy199 New Member

Im trying to decide on which .357 revolver I want to get and want to see which one you guys would pick. The ones I'm looking at are a Smith&Wesson 686+, Taurus 627 tracker, Ruger GP100? All I would use it for is home protection and for the range.

2. malladus

malladus New Member

I prefer the S&W wheelguns, but you can't go wrong with either them or the GP100. I own a 686+ and have shot several GP100s and other 686s. The 686 family tends to have the best timing and trigger generally of any currently produced revolver on the market. Plus 7 rounds of .357 is nice.

malladus

3. APPstateGLOCK

APPstateGLOCK New Member

The S&W 686 is one of the best shooting guns I have ever shot. It is ridiculously accurate!

4. Glock_Guy199

Glock_Guy199 New Member

I've herd the smith sometimes locks up has anyone had that problem?

5. sgtglock

sgtglock New Member

I really llike my S&W 27. But its a BIG HONKING revolver. Made on the .44 frame. .38 wadcutters barely recoil. I loaded up some original spec 158gr ammo and it didn't even flinch! Carried it for about a third of my LE career and I've even killed a deer with it. It'll go to my son when I finally leave this world.

6. packnglock

packnglock One in the chamber

Love my gp 100 ,prefer A 6 shot over a 7 cause the cylinder is heavier and i shoot some pretty heavy loads in mine

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum APPstateGLOCK !!

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

I own two S&W revolvers...a Model 13 in .357 magnum and

a Model 629 in .44 magnum...both are years old and I've never

had a problem with either !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. TheDanielism

TheDanielism New Member

I've got a S&W with a 2" barrel. Can't remember which model it is. The trigger break in single action is super crisp and the trigger pull in double action is the smoothest I have ever felt (being Glock owners we don't really have that luxury...)

Me and my girl love shooting .38 special ammo through it for fun and plinking, throw some .357 mag ammo in for real fun and protection in the woods. We live in Colorado and have to watch for woodland predators when out camping with the family.

The two inch barrel has some serious muzzle flip with .347 mag ammo, I would like to get a 4" or 6" barrel to compensate felt recoil.

Can't go wrong with a S&W... Police used them for decades

10. Glock_Guy199

Glock_Guy199 New Member

Thanks for all your input I'm Defiantly going to look at the S&W haven't been able to find a GP 100 out of stock everywhere so it will probley be the S&W or the Taurus whatever one feels better.

11. Donn

Donn Active Member

Just picked up a Smith & Wesson 686 so I'm a little partial. 7 shot unfluted cylinder, 5 inch barrel, .357mag/.38spl+P. Shoots like a dream.

12. katich

katich New Member

Does anyone know how much a G19 gen 4 cost?

13. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Picked up one last weekend for $499.

14. A Gen4???? For $499???? First of all, you suck.:p Second the Gen4 19's have been all but unicorns around here lately. Plenty of other Gen4's but no 19's even the local GT Distributors has been out. Even then all the LGS's sell them for $549-$569.

Congrats on the purchase price and the find! I want another Gen4 19 but not having any luck. In December and early January we were covered up with them......now, unicorns.

15. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Where paying $599 for gen 3s in northern California

16. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

MikeP and glocknloaded - I misread the question. I got a G26 gen 4 for $499 not a G19 gen 4. I'll call the LGS when they open today and find out if they have any and the price. Must have been having a "senior" moment. ;-) But, even though the eye sites going, it was still a great price. :)

17. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Just checked with the LGS and they do have G19 gen 4s for $499.

18. Boooooo.......

19. Check out Ruger lcr, hammerless, .38/357...

Thats gonna be my next pistol.

20. MNMCycles

MNMCycles New Member

Around central Florida starting prices have been around $560-575 then go up from there for the gen4 models