Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm going through the taurusarmed forum, (i own a judge), & this is what I see....(not voicing my opinion yet)....but I see this...

I just noticed Bud's had these for $350 (In Lex). I like the Desert Tan lower and was considering a OD Glock 23 but they are going for as much as $600. The Taurus is obviously the better deal I am really considering getting one in 40 S&W only.

Taurus 24/740T-15 40S OSS DS/BL $345.00 SHIPS FREE

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Recreation

What do u think when u see things like this? If anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm by no means a firearms expert but I think it's just a matter of preference. I don't know how reliable Taurus guns are but obviously Glock has a great reputation. $600 isn't bad for the Glock you showed as-is. The store I've been looking at near me sells most of their Glocks for $519 including the G23. But that price is for a plain flat-black Glock without a laser. The laser alone (depending on the brand) could be a couple hundred dollars or more.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it is twice as much but I think ill put back the extra money for Glock. I rather pay more for something that has proven itself. Not saying Taurus pistols are bad, just don't know the track record is all.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
I think it's all what you prefer to shoot and what you have more confidents in if need be.

I personally don't mind spending extra to purchase the gun I want. I trust glock and they feel good in my hand so I buy them sure there is cheaper and more expensive firearms but I prefer the glock platform so that's what I buy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
glocknloaded said:
I think it's all what you prefer to shoot and what you have more confidents in if need be.

I personally don't mind spending extra to purchase the gun I want. I trust glock and they feel good in my hand so I buy them sure there is cheaper and more expensive firearms but I prefer the glock platform so that's what I buy.

I think Taurus makes a good gun, especially for the price range. I had a Taurus 1911 in stainless with no problems ever in over 2000 rounds. My brother in law bought him a 24/7 in 45 as a ccw, he's never had a problem either. He even liked it do much he went and bought his wife one in 9mm. Just don't let the glock fanboys turn you off of the Taurus. Try to find one to shoot, if you like it, buy it and have no regrets

·
Registered
33 Posts
A good friend of mine just bought a Taurus 9mm for his wife (not sure which model) but it is junk if you ask me, he has about 75 rnds. Through it and the ejector broke, he sent it back to the factory for repair first time he fired it again same problem (shells don't eject) he hasn't fired a whole mag through it with out a spent casing not ejecting. I have several Glocks (19, 27, &30) and between all 3 have never had any kind of issue and combined probably have about 6,000 rounds between them, so in my opinion trying to save a few hundred $ is not worth it seeing that it could cost you your life. And 600 seems pretty high for a 23 the guy that i deal with had 1 last time that i was there new for 509.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'd just save up and get the gun I really wanted. I'd also consider the fact that the gun is the cheap part of a shooting hobby. The $250 price difference between an OD G23 and the Taurus only equates to about 625 rounds of .40 FMJ.

Cabela's sells FDE S&W M&P's, when they're "on sale", they're just under $600.

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
OD green's are probably gonna get a better resale value down the road. Plus if that is a green laser its a hell of a deal for the gun and the light/laser.

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
I had a dual town 24/7 pro. that I ended up selling to my dad to buy my glock. I really liked it and had VERY few (if any) problems out of it. Really, the only difference was that my groups were about twice as close together with the Glock. I started competition shooting and was worried about accessories, spare mags, etc. Glock seemed to be a better choice for that use.

As for the OD glocks, I am a BIG fan (and currently looking for some right now). $600 bucks is way over my value for them though. If you just wanted the look and a good range plinker, there is nothing wrong with the Taurus 24/7's. Try to find a 24/7 Pro if you can.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My thing is, if ur looking for a firearm, most likely its to protec yourself & loved ones. If its a large cal. It erks me when people want Glock but end up with something half its price. Then compare the price like what they purchased will run neck to neck with a firearm that's twice as much. Now, the price doesn't make the gun, but it gives u an idea of what ur paying for. I mean its no big deal but the price range gap is HUGE for compare.

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
Normally I wouldn't pay $600 for the gun, but with the light/laser combo it becomes more of an attractive offer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love my G22 and G19, I EDC a Taurus Mil Pro in .40 as it fit me better than the Glock subcompacts. I have a thousand rounds through it without issue and trust it gladly, in looking for a sub I went with what fit me and proved itself on the range and in training.

·
I'm Back!
260 Posts
One problem right now is that Glock is no longer making OD Green firearms. (With the exception of the rumor about the batch for Bass Pro)

Since they are no longer making it people are raising the prices on them becuase they are "rare". First find out if it is OD Green from Factory or just duracoated after the fact. I use the Blue Label Program and pay much less for Glocks but Original OD Green with that Green Laser attached in .40 for $600. Might be worth it for the longevity and quality that you know you will receive!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
My thing is, if ur looking for a firearm, most likely its to protec yourself & loved ones. If its a large cal. It erks me when people want Glock but end up with something half its price. Then compare the price like what they purchased will run neck to neck with a firearm that's twice as much. Now, the price doesn't make the gun, but it gives u an idea of what ur paying for. I mean its no big deal but the price range gap is HUGE for compare.
The thing is that, depending on the guns in question, many of those "half the price" guns will run neck and neck with the more expensive counterpart. There are many guns that are twice the price of a Glock, but I'd put my Glock up against any of them.

If you Google the Taurus 24/7 OSS DS, there are a couple of very good reviews of them. They were designed and built to compete in the military's, since pulled, replacement program...the one that started out as SOF only and was then expanded, and ultimately cancelled due to budget cuts.

Since they're no longer on Taurus's website, I can't find the specs, but I've read that the OSS DS has a match grade barrel. I know they have Novak 3 dot sights.

I just picked up a 24/7 Pro Long Slide in .45. Basically the same gun, just no ambi controls and may have different sights. $385 shipped on Gunbroker, stainless over black. :) One thing I can say for sure is that they feel great in the hand. I don't know how they do it, but compared to other manufacturers, Taurus manages to but big rounds in small grips.

I looked at Buds website and they don't have the one you posted listed.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jonm61 said:
The thing is that, depending on the guns in question, many of those "half the price" guns will run neck and neck with the more expensive counterpart. There are many guns that are twice the price of a Glock, but I'd put my Glock up against any of them.

If you Google the Taurus 24/7 OSS DS, there are a couple of very good reviews of them. They were designed and built to compete in the military's, since pulled, replacement program...the one that started out as SOF only and was then expanded, and ultimately cancelled due to budget cuts.

Since they're no longer on Taurus's website, I can't find the specs, but I've read that the OSS DS has a match grade barrel. I know they have Novak 3 dot sights.

I just picked up a 24/7 Pro Long Slide in .45. Basically the same gun, just no ambi controls and may have different sights. $385 shipped on Gunbroker, stainless over black. :) One thing I can say for sure is that they feel great in the hand. I don't know how they do it, but compared to other manufacturers, Taurus manages to but big rounds in small grips.

I looked at Buds website and they don't have the one you posted listed.
Would u run ur Taurus Or Glock for edc?

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Taurus makes a good revolver, I don't trust their semiautos though. I know its just my own prejudice, but after having seen about a half dozen taurus millenium's (years ago) that were jamming POS with terrible trigger pulls, and a couple 740 slim lines (much more recently) with the exact same problem, I just don't trust their semi autos

1 - 20 of 22 Posts