which glock?

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by bamaboy504, Feb 19, 2012.

1. bamaboy504

bamaboy504 New Member

Need yalls input. Which glock is the best in a 45 caliber. I was thinking about the g21. What do y'all think?

2. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Depends on what you are using it for. Will it be a range gun? A CC weapon? Or a house gun? Or all of the above?

3. GlockNut79

GlockNut79 New Member

Well I guess it depends on what you want to use it for. Concealed carry the sub compact or compact models would be best. Target and competition shooting you're gonna want a full size for its longer barrel. Compensated models are a mix with some people, me personally I don't care for them because if I have to use it in a dark setting the flash can blind you and make target acquisition much more difficult if multiple shots are needed for a defensive situation. But the compensated models are pretty good for target shooting because a .45 has a pretty good kick and it helps lesson the muzzle lift.

4. bamaboy504

bamaboy504 New Member

I'm going to use it for a cc weapon

5. bigpoppa406

bigpoppa406 New Member

I carry a 45 glock model 30.

6. GlockNut79

GlockNut79 New Member

Well I would say the G30 or G36. The G30 can be bought in a SF model that has a reduced circumference of the grip to make it less bulky. Good luck and remember you can't go wrong with any Glock!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  7. randyr144

randyr144 New Member

Indy
    I think all 3 would carry nice with the right holster and belt.. The 36 is a single stack so your giving up a few rounds in the mags. If I were to buy a .45 it would be the 30 just because it's identical to my 29.

8. The G21sf is awesome...although it is not my CC gun, as I have the tactical light on mine and find it a bit bulky, but for overall punch, it is a helluva gun!