Glock Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Banned
1,210 Posts
Being that you are a gunsmith you should have told them that ghost recomends changing all the springs with their connecters.I installed the ghost rocket and did not install the recomended wolf striker spring.Trigger pull was not consistant. I changed the springs as recomended it made one hell of a difference!Ghost is a fine product and they stand behind it just as LWD does!LWD or Ghost you cant go wrong unless you don't follow recomended instructions!
As a gunsmith I change one part at a time. That way if an issue arises I know where it's at and I don't have to troubleshoot all day. I did change all three springs and still found the Ghost connectors to be inconsistent. I have installed the LWD connector into a G21SF and a G30SF without any issues yet. My customers are instructed to contact me the moment they have any issue with any work I have done. To this day I have not received any calls or emails from customers with a problem.

· Registered
836 Posts
I've put Ghost Rockets in both my Glocks, and I didn't realize I was supposed to put in a different striker spring. What am I supposed to get or what is recommended?
I have the Ghost Ultimate 3.5 connector and all 3 springs in my G26 Gen 4. 6lb trigger spring, reduced power plunger spring and 4lb striker spring. Ghost recommends using the 6lb striker spring, but I chose the 4lb. My trigger is super smooth and crisp! But, I've been advised that by using the 4lb striker spring, I may have light primer strikes. So, if that becomes an issue, I'll just replace the factory striker spring. I think it's rated at 5.5lbs. I suggest to try the factory striker spring and see if that feels right. If not, go with the 6lb. Hope this helps!

· Registered
50 Posts
My question to you experienced guys is if you will notice changes as you put more rounds through the gun? Right now I have my G19C exactly as I want it having changed all the springs the Ghost kit came with. You do notice the difference compared to changing only the connector. I've shot 200 rounds and it is still right. I wonder if it will be the same after say 1000 or more? Logic dictated that the springs 'k-factor' change with use and eventually you will need to replace them, but I would expect this to be after a few thousand rounds which could take several years for the kind of use I give it... once a week. This is where the Wolff springs do their job. I am sure they are a lot better quality than the factory originals.

· Registered
836 Posts
I change the connector first and that made a difference, but changing the springs really makes a big difference in my opinion! Just be careful with the striker spring. I installed the 4 lb, but it was too light. So, I reinstalled the factory one and the trigger feels great!

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I change the connector first and that made a difference, but changing the springs really makes a big difference in my opinion! Just be careful with the striker spring. I installed the 4 lb, but it was too light. So, I reinstalled the factory one and the trigger feels great!
I just installed the Ultimate kit with all springs including the 6 lb firing pin spring in my brand new G36. It feels very nice. It may be just a little, but not sure how to change it just a tiny bit. I am leaving it as is for now, and see how I feel about it after the next range visit.

· Registered
88 Posts
LWD 3.5 lb connector. Don't use the Ghost connectors. Use the Lone Wolf connectors. Trust me on this one.
I used the Ghost rocket connecter and the recomended springs. And I have a great trigger pull no problems!What problems did you have? I also have no overtravel on the trigger.I had to trim it a few times with a dremel to get the pull correct.Other than that it was a breeze to install.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.