Which extended slide release???

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by fabinstein, Mar 5, 2012.

1. fabinstein

fabinstein New Member

I have looked at a few and can't decide which to get. I like the looks of the ghost but it looks kinda small...

2. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

I would imagine (and this is just me) that it would all depend on the geometry of your thumb, and what feels comfortable for you.

Any chance you can "feel them up" from someone else's gun? That'd tell you a lot.

Sorry, best I can do :eek:

3. fabinstein

fabinstein New Member

Unfortunately I only have 2 outher friends with glocks and neither have any of the extensions. I'm going to keep my eyes open at the range now that u mention to feel them up. Great idea!!! Thanks

4. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Youre welcome, and good luck!

5. slowjo

slowjo New Member

I'm in the same boat. I'm looking for the same info.

6. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

I got Vicker's Extended Slide Release and I like it. It sticks out just a bit more than stock but then curves back in towards the frame so you do not have anything really poking out. It is on my G26.

7. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Black or chrome/silver?

Pics, please.

8. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

I got black. Here are photos:
    It is extended, and like I mentioned above it curves, hopefully these picture help show.

image-2451969451.jpg

image-2217938552.jpg

image-1017921578.jpg

9. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

I had the glock black exteneded slide release but recently changed it to the chrome one.

Attached Files:

10. Yup, the 4 piece chrome kit is one of the nicest/ best priced combos you can get, LOVE that extended slide lock, and the slide release <---- slide release is hands down THE BEST mod for me with my fat hands hahahah. helps in take down a lot, but heres a link for the 4 piece kit

http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descri...ategory_id=7&_Custom+Parts+&amp;+Accessories/

11. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Yea only thing i dont like is that the chrome take dwn lever replaced my extended one, but it does look nice. I already had the black extended slide release.

12. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

@DSLMAC:
    nice looking lever there! Where'd you get it again? I like the close-to-stock look.

The only thing that bugs me with the 4-piece chrome kit is that it is only 4-piece, and lacks the chrome trigger housing pin. The look is not as uniform as stock, if that makes sense. Wish they had a 3-pin, 2-lever kit as a single kit. Oh, well, maybe...

13. Dboyce12

Dboyce12 New Member

Lol I ordered the 3 pin kit from glockmeister an thought I was getting the extn release an all but nope. So I had to order the 4 peice from glock store so I have them all now lol.

14. sigpi11

sigpi11 New Member

I ordered this from MidWayUSA.com.

Glock Extended Slide Stop Release with Spring Glock 17, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 (3 pin model) Steel Blue
    Product #: 799965 Glock #: SP07496
    $10.99

It really is nice. It doesn't stick out much but it works excellent. Doesn't take any strength now to release the slide. It's got a numb that sticks out just enough.

15. fabinstein

fabinstein New Member

I think I'm going to go with either the glock extended slide release or the ghost... Decisions decisions !

16. fabinstein

fabinstein New Member

Went wit the glock extended slide release and was well worth the $15.00!!! Works great!/

17. P35

P35 New Member

I prefer the black, and Glock brand