Which do you prefer

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by Jerremy, May 3, 2012.

1. Jerremy

Jerremy New Member

Winchester ranger t, Federal Hst, or Corbon dpx

2. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

All of the above....lol

3. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Ohio
    Of those listed, Ranger T, however I choose to use, Speer Gold Dot 230g, it's a great round !

4. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

What caliber? I carry (and am issued by my PD) Speer Gold Dot 165gr in .40

For .45acp Ranger is good and Remington Gold Sabre in 230gr is a well known (and proven) standard.

Any of the ones listed are good. Above are just my suggestions.

Z-

5. Jerremy

Jerremy New Member

Haven't ever shot any speer gold dots. But I have only heard good things about them. I bought some of the ranger t did some water jug test and had several jacket core separations. Is this a common thing with the t

6. Jerremy

Jerremy New Member

I have a glock 21

7. LT2108

Ohio

I haven't heard too many jacket core separations, I carry a G21 on duty, and we are issued the Ranger T series, it is a good round, however off duty I prefer the Speer Gold Dot in my G30

8. Jerremy

Jerremy New Member

May I ask why you prefer the Speer over the gold dot. I have heard alot of department are issued the gold dot.. I myself am not a Leo. I am a licensed private investigator from alabama.

9. LT2108

Ohio
    I'm confused, Speer is the gold dot.... Compared to Ranger T series, it has better ratings, and have had zero malfunctions on my G30. I'm a firm believer if it's not broke don't fix it, hence why I stick with the Gold Dot 230g

10. Jerremy

Jerremy New Member

I also have another question since you are a leo. What would be the difference between the Speer gold personal protection round and the one labeled for leo. Or are there a difference

11. Jerremy

Jerremy New Member

Sorry meant to say over the ranger t

12. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

All I've shot is Speer Gold Dots..No problems....

13. Jerremy

Jerremy New Member

I will have to buy a box and try them in my carry gun. Thanks

14. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

No problems...that's what we are here for. :)

15. Speer gold dots here in my 21 and 30, as well as in my Sig 9mm. Good personal defense stuff.