Glock Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
285 Posts
What caliber? I carry (and am issued by my PD) Speer Gold Dot 165gr in .40

For .45acp Ranger is good and Remington Gold Sabre in 230gr is a well known (and proven) standard.

Any of the ones listed are good. Above are just my suggestions.

Z-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
glock26USMC said:
Of those listed, Ranger T, however I choose to use, Speer Gold Dot 230g, it's a great round !
Haven't ever shot any speer gold dots. But I have only heard good things about them. I bought some of the ranger t did some water jug test and had several jacket core separations. Is this a common thing with the t
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zipper046 said:
What caliber? I carry (and am issued by my PD) Speer Gold Dot 165gr in .40

For .45acp Ranger is good and Remington Gold Sabre in 230gr is a well known (and proven) standard.

Any of the ones listed are good. Above are just my suggestions.

Z-
I have a glock 21
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
52,910 Posts
Jerremy said:
Haven't ever shot any speer gold dots. But I have only heard good things about them. I bought some of the ranger t did some water jug test and had several jacket core separations. Is this a common thing with the t

I haven't heard too many jacket core separations, I carry a G21 on duty, and we are issued the Ranger T series, it is a good round, however off duty I prefer the Speer Gold Dot in my G30
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
glock26USMC said:
I haven't heard too many jacket core separations, I carry a G21 on duty, and we are issued the Ranger T series, it is a good round, however off duty I prefer the Speer Gold Dot in my G30
May I ask why you prefer the Speer over the gold dot. I have heard alot of department are issued the gold dot.. I myself am not a Leo. I am a licensed private investigator from alabama.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
52,910 Posts
I'm confused, Speer is the gold dot.... Compared to Ranger T series, it has better ratings, and have had zero malfunctions on my G30. I'm a firm believer if it's not broke don't fix it, hence why I stick with the Gold Dot 230g
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
glock26USMC said:
I haven't heard too many jacket core separations, I carry a G21 on duty, and we are issued the Ranger T series, it is a good round, however off duty I prefer the Speer Gold Dot in my G30
I also have another question since you are a leo. What would be the difference between the Speer gold personal protection round and the one labeled for leo. Or are there a difference
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jerremy said:
May I ask why you prefer the Speer over the gold dot. I have heard alot of department are issued the gold dot.. I myself am not a Leo. I am a licensed private investigator from alabama.
Sorry meant to say over the ranger t
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,359 Posts
Speer gold dots here in my 21 and 30, as well as in my Sig 9mm. Good personal defense stuff.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top