Glock Firearms banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
at the moment I've got 124gr NATO (basically a +P load) in it's mag - got some "normal" HPs from various makers locked up in the safe but haven't given 'em the "range test" as yet
Its not +p at all. Its only 10% more pressure to meet nato standards. Slightly hotter but most definately not +p. I shoot it as range ammo and feel no difference. I love it for practice since i carry 124gr speer gold dots. Not sure why anyone would carry nato rounds in 9mm. Much less any fmj round as a SD round.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I do a cocktail mixture of Corbon 115gr +P DPX and Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P in both my 19s and 26s. I also have the Short Barrel version of the Speer ammo.

·
Registered
656 Posts

·
Banned
894 Posts
Its not +p at all. Its only 10% more pressure to meet nato standards. Slightly hotter but most definately not +p. I shoot it as range ammo and feel no difference. I love it for practice since i carry 124gr speer gold dots. Not sure why anyone would carry nato rounds in 9mm. Much less any fmj round as a SD round.
"normal" 9mm Luger ammo is 35000psi, +P is 38500psi (that's 10% higher pressure than "normal" 9mm) -Win NATO 124 grain ammo (according to the back of the box) is 10% higher pressure than "normal" 9mm - i.e. same pressure as +P, that's why the reference

yes, NATO isn't called +P but the pressure is the same as +P

I had that as my SD ammo because I hadn't "checked out" any of the typical/common SD ammo - I did so yesterday with my G26, checking for good feed and good eject - today, after cleaning my G26, it's mag is now loaded with Cor Bon +P 115gr JHP (because I know it "works" in the G26 - didn't before yesterday - hence the 9mm NATO 124gr FMJ, which I felt is a better SD ammo than "normal" 9mm FMJ)

·
Banned
894 Posts
Hey Whiskey. Im glad to hear you liked the Corbon +P 115 JHP s too. Thats what I keep in my G17 all the time for HD.
yeah, even tho Glocks will eat most anything I won't use "something" until it gets my approval at the range

·
Registered
76 Posts
"normal" 9mm Luger ammo is 35000psi, +P is 38500psi (that's 10% higher pressure than "normal" 9mm) -Win NATO 124 grain ammo (according to the back of the box) is 10% higher pressure than "normal" 9mm - i.e. same pressure as +P, that's why the reference

yes, NATO isn't called +P but the pressure is the same as +P

I had that as my SD ammo because I hadn't "checked out" any of the typical/common SD ammo - I did so yesterday with my G26, checking for good feed and good eject - today, after cleaning my G26, it's mag is now loaded with Cor Bon +P 115gr JHP (because I know it "works" in the G26 - didn't before yesterday - hence the 9mm NATO 124gr FMJ, which I felt is a better SD ammo than "normal" 9mm FMJ)
What ever helps you sleep at night is what belongs in the glock, i always say. If your numbers are valid, then i dont understand how natos and +p feel different to me. Oh well, i like em for range use while i pack hp in the 19.

·
Registered
511 Posts
That's exactly what I just shot for the first time in my beretta Nano. Noticeable increase in recoil & flip. I want to try some 124gr to see if it is more controllable, like the 115 & 124 target ammo is.

·
238 Posts
The only issue I have with critical duty for home defense is over penetration. Check out YouTube for critical duty ballistic tests. They show the 136g +p round penetrating heavy clothing, 2 layers of sheet rock, plywood, and car metal. (Each barrier that was mentioned was tested individually, these aren't magic bullets!). There was 12"-18" of penetration on the ballistic gelatin after every barrier. It would be great for open combat, law enforcement, and federal agencies, but the over penetration factor keeps me from putting it in my home defense pistol.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts